Crack? In Aquamaxx reactor

Michigan Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
87
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this Aquamaxx to use as a chaeto reactor. I used it for a couple months and decided to really clean it out after so much coralline and detritus built up at the bottom. I soaked it in vinegar water for a day and then rinsed it out really well and doing so I noticed these cracks in the walls. I can’t feel them from the outside and I’m scared to use this again especially as a reactor sitting outside the sump. Is there any other way to use this reactor again or is it pretty much broken?

0EF1DEFD-F3EC-4837-B9A5-F5F705C5EF0D.jpeg
9265EBBB-17A6-46A5-8D25-0FA2303E9C2B.jpeg
BBA06FD4-CC41-49CE-8E54-F39CABDE2266.jpeg
 
you had led's wrapped around the reactor? sure looks like a crack to me! dont know if i could run that outside of a sump with out worry either....
 
You can get the plastic repair epoxy from ace. Works wonders. Dries to a cream white color, kind of like pvc color. Not sure if that acceptable or not.
Has saved my butt a coupe of times.
Set up in 15 minutes. I always double coat it.
A961CA1D-1DE0-4B98-B816-00842C2551A0.jpeg
 
I'll check it out. I wont be doing the refugium LED Strips around it anymore, but thought I could use it as a reactor for something in the future. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new