OP
OP
CreamCityCorals

CreamCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is a quick shot of my torches, hammers, and frorgspawns I took last night to show a fellow reefer...

nice! I havnt had as much luck with that low of flow, I have noticed a positive change in the Fluffiness of the flesh with a slightly higher flow. In addition, I have seen good extension if you give them flow, but when it’s too much, they will retract, so finding that balance seems to be key!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I havnt had as much luck with that low of flow, I have noticed a positive change in the Fluffiness of the flesh with a slightly higher flow. In addition, I have seen good extension if you give them flow, but when it’s too much, they will retract, so finding that balance seems to be key!

I agree.. This is where MINE do best. I feel it is a good starting point to jump from. Especially for newbies who may not have the experience base to really have an idea what to do.

My opinion, is when in doubt, start slow... Low flow, and low light may not be the best for your particular situation, but high light and high flow will more likely than not cause more severe issues. You can always go UP.. but going down is usually too little too late..

OP
OP
CreamCityCorals

CreamCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree.. This is where MINE do best. I feel it is a good starting point to jump from. Especially for newbies who may not have the experience base to really have an idea what to do.

My opinion, is when in doubt, start slow... Low flow, and low light may not be the best for your particular situation, but high light and high flow will more likely than not cause more severe issues. You can always go UP.. but going down is usually too little too late..

Agree! Always a good idea to go slow and find that happy place!

For flow I have 1 mp40 on a pulsing cycle. Keeps the tentacles up and waving in the water.

I have never posted a video on here….easiest way through YouTube?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree! Always a good idea to go slow and find that happy place!

For flow I have 1 mp40 on a pulsing cycle. Keeps the tentacles up and waving in the water.

I have never posted a video on here….easiest way through YouTube?

The powers that be, are working on a setup to direct upload videos. but alas, not available at this time to my knowledge. I upload to YouTube for posting here for the time being.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back