Creating your own bubbly bliss: Do you focus on aeration in your tank?

Do you focus on aeration in your tank?

• I regularly review my tank with aeration in mind.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I focused on aeration when I set up the system and don’t really think about it now.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I followed the directions when I set up the tank and I assume the tank is getting aerated.

• I am not sure about the aeration in my tank.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other.

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Creating your own bubbly bliss: Do you focus on aeration in your tank?

Having “dead spots” in our tanks where there is no flow is a problem and low dissolved oxygen can cause a range of problems. We have been told to be wary of glass tops that don’t allow for air exchange, keep the surface of the water agitated, maintain flow throughout the tank, and aeration becomes a bigger concern with higher temperatures. Then there is the debate about how much the water is aerated from a skimmer. Some reef keepers set up their tank based on the directions they were given and other take a set-it-and-forget it approach when it comes to aeration in their reef. Do you focus on aeration in your tank?

SwissFragReefer_Flow.png

Photo by @Swiss Frag Reefer

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com
WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back