Credit card issues?

RichReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Didn't know where to post this but ........

Anyone else having credit card suspected fraud issues with aquarium suppliers lately?

When I tried to order my Fiji Cube they flagged my card for suspected fraud. This took me over week to get it all figured out.

Same thing happened from saltwater.com when I ordered my Bubble Magus filter roller mat.

Now BRS flagged the same card for suspected fraud when I tried to order some RO fittings.

During all of this my card worked fine everywhere else.

I decided to order my fittings from supplyhouse.com. instead The payment went through no problems.

I made an Amazon purchase just last night on the same card.

In all instances of "claimed" fraud I was instructed to call my bank. The bank didn't know what I was talking about. They said they have not flagged me for fraud in over 3 years and that was only because I was buying new furniture and it was real pricey.

Not only that BRS has my card on file. I have been using the same card with them for 9 years. I only have 1 card. I am not going to get another card just to be able to make a payment.

This only happens on aquarium related purchases and once again my bank has no idea what I am talking about when I call. They are saying the problem is with the processing company. Has to be.

So these purchases are starting to actually become a burden taking over a week to get them through. I don't have the time to deal with this every time I need something.

I suspect that they are probably using the same processing company and the company is flagging this claiming my bank is?

I don't want another card. I've had this card for over 30 years and I'll never get a rate (3.5%) like this again.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or is it just me?

Partner Membership 2023

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You are probably right, it most likely is the processing company. My card that I use for most purchases because of the rewards program has a chip and requires a pin number to use it. There are certain places I use it that it gets declined saying the pin is bad. I have to put the pin number in 3 times with each being declined and then it just goes thru. I believe I have the same issue, these places are all using the same processing company.

Great rate by the way. Surprised you were able to keep it all these years. I had a 5.5% card back before the big housing crash. They jacked the rate up to 15% over night even though I always paid it on time. I actually work for a CC company and the last I heard, we had to charge I believe 9% to actually make any money.

OP
RichReef

RichReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Great rate by the way. Surprised you were able to keep it all these years. I had a 5.5% card back before the big housing crash.
It was a special "move your credit card balance to our card" promotion. I am literally grandfathered in. The thing is I have to keep a monthly balance. 2 statements with no balance it's gone.

Nutramar Foods

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have never heard of a promotion like that, though I don't really ever pay much attention to the credit card ads. That actually is the opposite of every promotion I have heard. Most go up after a set period of time.

Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!