Credit card issues?

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't know where to post this but ........

Anyone else having credit card suspected fraud issues with aquarium suppliers lately?

When I tried to order my Fiji Cube they flagged my card for suspected fraud. This took me over week to get it all figured out.

Same thing happened from saltwater.com when I ordered my Bubble Magus filter roller mat.

Now BRS flagged the same card for suspected fraud when I tried to order some RO fittings.

During all of this my card worked fine everywhere else.

I decided to order my fittings from supplyhouse.com. instead The payment went through no problems.

I made an Amazon purchase just last night on the same card.

In all instances of "claimed" fraud I was instructed to call my bank. The bank didn't know what I was talking about. They said they have not flagged me for fraud in over 3 years and that was only because I was buying new furniture and it was real pricey.

Not only that BRS has my card on file. I have been using the same card with them for 9 years. I only have 1 card. I am not going to get another card just to be able to make a payment.

This only happens on aquarium related purchases and once again my bank has no idea what I am talking about when I call. They are saying the problem is with the processing company. Has to be.

So these purchases are starting to actually become a burden taking over a week to get them through. I don't have the time to deal with this every time I need something.

I suspect that they are probably using the same processing company and the company is flagging this claiming my bank is?

I don't want another card. I've had this card for over 30 years and I'll never get a rate (3.5%) like this again.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or is it just me?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are probably right, it most likely is the processing company. My card that I use for most purchases because of the rewards program has a chip and requires a pin number to use it. There are certain places I use it that it gets declined saying the pin is bad. I have to put the pin number in 3 times with each being declined and then it just goes thru. I believe I have the same issue, these places are all using the same processing company.

Great rate by the way. Surprised you were able to keep it all these years. I had a 5.5% card back before the big housing crash. They jacked the rate up to 15% over night even though I always paid it on time. I actually work for a CC company and the last I heard, we had to charge I believe 9% to actually make any money.

OP
OP
RichReef

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great rate by the way. Surprised you were able to keep it all these years. I had a 5.5% card back before the big housing crash.
It was a special "move your credit card balance to our card" promotion. I am literally grandfathered in. The thing is I have to keep a monthly balance. 2 statements with no balance it's gone.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of a promotion like that, though I don't really ever pay much attention to the credit card ads. That actually is the opposite of every promotion I have heard. Most go up after a set period of time.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree that it is probably the processing company. Just to be sure, you should PM me all your CC info - I'll be happy to do a couple of "test buys" for you!;)

DirkDigler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't know where to post this but ........

Anyone else having credit card suspected fraud issues with aquarium suppliers lately?

When I tried to order my Fiji Cube they flagged my card for suspected fraud. This took me over week to get it all figured out.

Same thing happened from saltwater.com when I ordered my Bubble Magus filter roller mat.

Now BRS flagged the same card for suspected fraud when I tried to order some RO fittings.

During all of this my card worked fine everywhere else.

I decided to order my fittings from supplyhouse.com. instead The payment went through no problems.

I made an Amazon purchase just last night on the same card.

In all instances of "claimed" fraud I was instructed to call my bank. The bank didn't know what I was talking about. They said they have not flagged me for fraud in over 3 years and that was only because I was buying new furniture and it was real pricey.

Not only that BRS has my card on file. I have been using the same card with them for 9 years. I only have 1 card. I am not going to get another card just to be able to make a payment.

This only happens on aquarium related purchases and once again my bank has no idea what I am talking about when I call. They are saying the problem is with the processing company. Has to be.

So these purchases are starting to actually become a burden taking over a week to get them through. I don't have the time to deal with this every time I need something.

I suspect that they are probably using the same processing company and the company is flagging this claiming my bank is?

I don't want another card. I've had this card for over 30 years and I'll never get a rate (3.5%) like this again.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or is it just me?
Yes, this literally just happened to me last week. I ordered from BlueZoo Aquatics and first thing in the morning my bank (chase) flagged a charge at a company called Tennis point for nearly $300. Luckily chase caught it and immediately closed my account but yes it's been rather annoying having to update all my accounts that are linked to that card. This was my first time purchasing livestock online and well...not a good experience so far and my livestock hasn't even arrived yet.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back