Creepy crawlers in the reef tank: Do you have a favorite slow-mover in your tank?

Do you have a favorite slow-mover in your tank?

• Yes, I have a favorite slow mover (please tell us about it!).

Votes: 94 62.3%
  • No, but I have had a favorite slow-mover in the past.

Votes: 18 11.9%
  • No, I have never had a favorite-slower mover.

Votes: 24 15.9%
  • Shhh, I’m still waiting to see if it moves.

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Creepy crawlers in the reef tank: Do you have a favorite slow-mover in your tank?

We’ve talked about your favorite fish and your favorite shrimp, but what about those critters that move really, really slowly – like a snail, starfish, sea slug, or other slow mover. You know, like the ones that you have to watch to see if they are actually moving! Whether it is a brittle star, a colorful nudibranch, or a common snail, these creatures can actually be quite entertaining if you are willing to wait for it. Please let us know if you have a favorite slow-mover in your tank. Do you have any tips, tricks, experience, or pictures that you are willing to share?

Tigahboy_BrittleStar.jpeg

Photo by @Tigahboy

This QOTD is sponsored by Nutramar: https://www.qualitymarine.com/nutramar/

NutramarBanner.png

“Nutramar’s 100% natural food products are used by public aquaria and breeders around the world. They offer superior nutrition to your most finicky and delicate fish and invertebrates."

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We’ve talked about your favorite fish and your favorite shrimp, but what about those critters that move really, really slowly – like a snail, starfish, sea slug, or other slow mover. You know, like the ones that you have to watch to see if they are actually moving! Whether it is a brittle star, a colorful nudibranch, or a common snail, these creatures can actually be quite entertaining if you are willing to wait for it. Please let us know if you have a favorite slow-mover in your tank. Do you have any tips, tricks, experience, or pictures that you are willing to share?

Tigahboy_BrittleStar.jpeg

Photo by @Tigahboy

This QOTD is sponsored by Nutramar: https://www.qualitymarine.com/nutramar/

NutramarBanner.png

“Nutramar’s 100% natural food products are used by public aquaria and breeders around the world. They offer superior nutrition to your most finicky and delicate fish and invertebrates."
This is my favorite slow-mover. It is my conch his name is Dumbo.

Attachments

• 20230613_131220.jpg
    20230613_131220.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 93

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be my tiger conch. It’s movement is the least elegant thing but so interesting to watch. I actually have two. I added another one after I hadn’t seen the original for 5-6 weeks. The second I added the new one the original came flying out of the sand. Here is the original waving hello.
5CA3EEB7-4064-4234-A05E-2BB8735B0282.jpeg

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love to watch my urchins moving slowly across the rocks. I like especially when they are on the glass and I can view their oral surface as they are grazing. It is memorizing and a slight hypnotizing. I find myself watching for far longer than intended.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a dozen Nassarius snails, but Zombie is by far the most active and predictable. Also easy to ID as he's the biggest of the group and his color is much lighter than the rest. My Fighting Conch is a close second, but I just don't see him as much.

zombie.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back