Croceas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tabasco1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
2,123
Reaction score
65
Location
Rocky Mountain High
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have read the Croceas stay the smallest, so I would be most interested in keeping these since my tank is not very big and I would like to eventually have several. I never see them for sale though, I usually only see Maximas or other larger clams. Does anybody know why?
 
1. They have had quite a few issues with getting CITES permits in Viet Nam to export them.

2. They grow so slow hardly any of the farms farm them because there is little profit in them.

I have been seeing a lot more than normal online lately.
 
Crocea's were pretty common around here, even up till fairly recently. Never really noticed but I suppose I haven't been seeing as many of them at the LFS lately.

Here's mine :bigsmile:

( % <- GPS)

CroceaClam.jpg
 
Good luck finding one, I saw a couple on divers den the other day, they were ok, nothing spectacular but ok. Anyways good luck!!
 
Is the next in growth a derasa? Should really be concerned with growth? I have a 45. Don't want them to outgrow in a year or two.

Thanks!
 
for what it's worth, I was just at AquaSD and he had a really nice looking Crocea up for sale, not too big. Not sure if it was a wild or a trade-in from a local reefer, but either way you might want to check it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new