Cross your fingers!

Mr. Bends

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
23
Location
Home
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I have been lurking on your site for a couple years. It's been an amazing resource! I finally created an account when I wanted to purchase a @Turbo's Aquatics algae scrubber I saw for sale in the classifieds. Big thank you to @fishybizzness for working with me on that.

It's been a while since I had my last aquarium. I used to work at a LFS during college, and later in grad school had a temperate reef aquarium. In fact, 20 years ago I had an acrylic tank made specifically for a coldwater setup. Basically, just a small cube with 1/2" acrylic. And that tank stood dry...for 20 years. I work at a place that has many aquariums and I just wasn't interested in coming home to another one to maintain. What got me stoked on aquariums again was a colleague that designed a tide pool simulator using an Arduino board to control. That was probably six years ago. Since then I have been very slowly designing my aquarium and aquarium controller based on a Particle Photon, similar to an Arduino. Now that I have my controller and aquarium to a point where I can put life in it, I figured it was time to introduce myself.

Thanks for all the info and support I have already received!
 
Hello Reefers!

I have been lurking on your site for a couple years. It's been an amazing resource! I finally created an account when I wanted to purchase a @Turbo's Aquatics algae scrubber I saw for sale in the classifieds. Big thank you to @fishybizzness for working with me on that.

It's been a while since I had my last aquarium. I used to work at a LFS during college, and later in grad school had a temperate reef aquarium. In fact, 20 years ago I had an acrylic tank made specifically for a coldwater setup. Basically, just a small cube with 1/2" acrylic. And that tank stood dry...for 20 years. I work at a place that has many aquariums and I just wasn't interested in coming home to another one to maintain. What got me stoked on aquariums again was a colleague that designed a tide pool simulator using an Arduino board to control. That was probably six years ago. Since then I have been very slowly designing my aquarium and aquarium controller based on a Particle Photon, similar to an Arduino. Now that I have my controller and aquarium to a point where I can put life in it, I figured it was time to introduce myself.

Thanks for all the info and support I have already received!
Welcome!
 
Welcome to R2R!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of setup!

A53E9AF5-42CE-437A-9992-2A30954268D7.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new