OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh forgot to mentiom a pro tip cause everyone knows how salinity probes tend to be worthless.... get a singlr inline probe holder for it. When it throws off pulse up your flow through it and it will clean it up. Ive got mine within 1 ppt of a fresh calibrated hanna. Been a while so might opt to recal the apex probe soon and maybe grt it even closer. But its really nice since hard plumbing and adding the cor-15 any time that probe goes awol i can just pulse the pump for a few seconds and the probe will reset... next step is to figure out how to automate that!

OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow missed adding this picture

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20230116_172035.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230116_172035.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate that I let this go dormant. Had a roller coaster of a time since starting this tank--its been mostly great with very little problems but life took some turns. Anyway once rebounded i did what every aquarist? Does and came to the realization I was dumb going so small when I had more space available(had about 2" to the left of the tank at the time?) So I decided to upgrade. Picture might be a teaser...

I'm an idiot and bought only 4 corner fittings for my tank from to build my new scape(boxes) in. Back to home depot in the morning.

I just switched phones and carries and the tank build pics apparently didn't make it over sadly, I will try and recover as crikey am I ever glad I paid 4 or 5 I can't remember lads to come and move it inside and put it together for me! Watching then do it from my high horse with cocktail in hand did the math head thing and figured I just saved myself a month of hard labor! Kidding or half kidding aside I'm probably a month maybe 2 out from water in so I'm not bothering with a new thread yet.

Anyway so no one has to try and be a math wizard. Thats 450 pounds of marco rock in the boxes.

The unfinished pvc frame is measured to what will star my new thread where I showcase the jump from a reefer 200xl to a s1000.

May sell the 200 may turn it into a hospital/qt tank, still debating on that.

With as much excitement as someone without real f.u. money can have for this home level of the hobby....See you soon!

20231013_201200.jpg

OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

New thread up. Expect it dry or at least salt less until December hoping for some black Friday deals on unbaught kit still necessary.

Might add some build process and scape building meanwhile if temps don't rise to high. May also include updates to status of tank from this thread as it's just been moved back inside and has started rehab in terms of support systems it was forced to disconnect from while the was was all but rebuilt.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back