OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sweet! My wife thinks this is the way to go. Good luck with the new baby.

Thanks... not sure it's "the" way to go as it comes with some serious challenges. If I could do this in my house where heat and humidity wouldn't be as much of an issue I definitely would. If I could do it (and I will one day), I would have a full blown setup in something like a 20'x20' building on a slab with floor drains and nice sized mini split or central AC and maybe even an inline dehumidifier.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your whole build thread.....WOW! One of the coolest setups I've ever seen.
Thanks for tagging along and thanks for the compliment... It's been a dream to have something like this and it's definitely taught me a few things along the way.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No real updates. I should be able to get a coat of primer and paint on the interior walls this weekend. If I manage to get some of the trim done that'll be a bonus, but the goal is paint for now.

I've found a program online to help me figure out the layout. I have standard reef ready 75 that I'll be using as a main display, and another standard 75 that I'll be plumbing into the same sump and using as a frag tank. I know a standard 75 isn't your typical frag tank, but I already have it, so might as well use it. My current tank is a 40B and so I've included that in the mock up, but I may not use it. If I do, it'll probably be an isolated system.

Everything in this layout is to scale. If you have any advice or suggestions feel free to share.

Frag Shck.png
Dont let my wife see this or I'll be out in my shed too!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a little crazy around here lately, but we finally have a new Frag Shack exclusive frag.

Just sharing, NFS ;)

D177EFE4-85CD-4FA2-ACD0-6888187E6322.jpeg
51DEE2E9-EBA6-45BA-9293-4E7E02A684BF.jpeg
That’s great! My kids are both in college now. Enjoy your time with them. It will go quickly!

Also, the one on top is a little pale. You might want to increase nitrates :)

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great! My kids are both in college now. Enjoy your time with them. It will go quickly!

Also, the one on top is a little pale. You might want to increase nitrates :)
Lol. That pic is under a white daylight spectrum. She’s a lot more brown in real life. Girl loves being in the pool!!!

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations. Both frags are cuties. Looks like you got some good cuddle time coming this fall and winter. Enjoy. They grow way to fast.
Thanks. They do grow fast. I never realized just how big our first one was till this little one got here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back