OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Since I posted the nem when she was splitting, here is a picture of my 10g.

7E5186A5-87D8-4C22-B03C-0D743D87BAE1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply did the last “bell” discount at 15% off. I took advantage to buy the dry rock. Did a combination of Marco Rocks reef savers, base and shelf. I also ordered a box of Life Rock “shapes” too. They have been shipped in 5 different shipments LOL. I feel sorry for the UPS guy.

I should receive the APEX today; I get the Radions X15s on Thursday. Always fun to have toys delivered :).

The long wait for the tank continues...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Love it !!!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new build! I started my CD 110 back in October and was very happy with the tank/stand. Like you I went with the armored seams and PVC bottom. Be prepared for a very heavy tank. I feel like my 110 weighed 400lbs.

I bought a few of these. they worked out great and allowed two of us to move the tank pretty easily. Cheap enough to buy and keep on hand/lend out as needed.

Heavy Duty Suction Cup Aluminum Vacuum Plate Double Handle Professional Glass Holder Hooks Mover Puller Lifter Gripper for Moving Large Glasses Mirror Granite Repair laminate floor gap fixer (2 Pack)

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new build! I started my CD 110 back in October and was very happy with the tank/stand. Like you I went with the armored seams and PVC bottom. Be prepared for a very heavy tank. I feel like my 110 weighed 400lbs.

I bought a few of these. they worked out great and allowed two of us to move the tank pretty easily. Cheap enough to buy and keep on hand/lend out as needed.

Heavy Duty Suction Cup Aluminum Vacuum Plate Double Handle Professional Glass Holder Hooks Mover Puller Lifter Gripper for Moving Large Glasses Mirror Granite Repair laminate floor gap fixer (2 Pack)

Great! Thank you for the suggestion. I am not looking forward to moving the tank once I get it.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just heard from CDA. Looks like the tank will be ready 3rd week in January. I can’t wait. Should have more updates next year.
Awesome! My tank is supposed to be delivered later today...but turns out the stand is defective and has to be rebuilt...so I'm delayed into January as well... :(

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been awhile since my last update.

Well, I did not get my tank yet. CD is still backed up on carpentry. CD has made it right though and are upgrading the stand to steel. I am happy. This hobby is all about patience anyway.

I have pretty much collected all of the gear I need... and then some. I will give an update list once the tank is here and I can pull it all out of the closet. Let’s just say that Santa was very good to me :).

The WB 75.2 has been going well, except for the hair algae! Not quite sure what is going on. I have been watching the nutrients closely, so close that I bottomed out and caught a case of Dynos. The dynos are gone now, but I am left with a mild case of hair algae. If it is not one thing it is another. No worries, I just continue to plug away at it. Most of the corals are none the worse. The acros are a bit pale, but I think they will recover.

I am excited to start the 180 build soon. Anticipation is part of the fun (at least I keep telling myself that).

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an update from Crystal Dynamics. Since I have been patiently waiting, they upgraded my stand to a metal one. They finished welding this week and the wood wrap will go on next week. Looks like they have a new carpenter so they should be able to get to the wood stand backlog. In any case, I think I will get the tank the 1st week in March (fingers crossed).

After doing a bunch of research, I think I am going to run Zeovit on this tank. We will see how that goes. I picked up an Avast Marine Zeovit reactor, the one that vibrates instead of pumping. Just another fun gadget to play with.

I also decided to go with a Calcium reactor when I am ready. I picked up a Geo reactor during a sale. I already have CO2 tanks since I brew my own beer :)

The 75.2 is going much better. Hair algae is under control and the corals are starting to color back up. Still a spot of dynos but not enough to worry about. They are the kind that live on the sand and disappear at night and they are not bothering anything. I am going to continue to ride it out.

Well, I hope my next post is “the tank is here!”. The wait is killing me.

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is the hardest part. I finally got my 180G just after Christmas only to wait another month for the external overflow to show up. Just finished plumbing it, water test tomorrow!

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is the hardest part. I finally got my 180G just after Christmas only to wait another month for the external overflow to show up. Just finished plumbing it, water test tomorrow!

I hope everything goes well when you add water. What overflow did you go with? I am getting the 30” modular marine. I like the ability to remove the weir.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree the wait is hard the hard part, especially when you have all the equipment ready to go. :p

I know working with Zoya was a pleasure, she took care of any questions I had right away. So, I know your in good hands!;)

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree the wait is hard the hard part, especially when you have all the equipment ready to go. :p

I know working with Zoya was a pleasure, she took care of any questions I had right away. So, I know your in good hands!;)

I agree, Zoya has been very helpful. So far their customer service has been fantastic. If I get any build pics, I will post them.

Yes, I have a closet full of stuff which I am itching to dive into. Just like a vacation, part of the fun is the anticipation!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back