Crystal Dynamics 72x24x24 Build Thread

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on original wait time you should have gotten tank by Jan 1. Any reason for addtl wait? Concerned as I have a tank on order with them.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to see this come together. I am also looking at getting a Crystal Dynamics tank. Looking at getting a 225 gal 72"x30"x24" Eurobraced tank.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to see this come together. I am also looking at getting a Crystal Dynamics tank. Looking at getting a 225 gal 72"x30"x24" Eurobraced tank.

I like your dimensions. I would have gone 30” wide, but space would not permit. The extra width will give you more options with the aquascape.

Although I have yet received the tank, my experience with Crystal Dynamics has been very positive. Zoya has been very attentive and quickly responds with any questions. I appreciate the fact they took time to send build pictures which makes the experience that much more fun.

I am not sure of your time table, but I am pretty sure CD will be at the Cali Reefapoloosa this year. It might be worth the trip to talk with them in person.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your dimensions. I would have gone 30” wide, but space would not permit. The extra width will give you more options with the aquascape.

Although I have yet received the tank, my experience with Crystal Dynamics has been very positive. Zoya has been very attentive and quickly responds with any questions. I appreciate the fact they took time to send build pictures which makes the experience that much more fun.

I am not sure of your time table, but I am pretty sure CD will be at the Cali Reefapoloosa this year. It might be worth the trip to talk with them in person.
I’m in no rush as I want to pay cash, so it won’t be till the end of the year or beginning of next year. You just don’t hear as much about custom tank builders as they don’t sell as many tanks.

Plus, this will be my dream tank without having to finish out my basement.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in no rush as I want to pay cash, so it won’t be till the end of the year or beginning of next year. You just don’t hear as much about custom tank builders as they don’t sell as many tanks.

Plus, this will be my dream tank without having to finish out my basement.

If you come to the Cali Reefapoloosa, look me up. The event is put on by the local reef club I belong to and I usually volunteer. It is a great show and a hope/skip and a jump from Disneyland.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s ready to be shipped!

AAA88C10-6F9F-4BBF-A436-DF273D4C5B54.jpeg

63C807E1-CCFF-46A3-922A-0657A657125D.jpeg

55DF6B65-12C0-45E2-9DA6-7CF0199579A6.jpeg

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome! Now that they've finished yours they can finish my 225 I ordered 6 months ago:)

How are you going to move it into place after it's delivered? I still need to figure this out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back