Crystal Dynamics 72x24x24 Build Thread

Can’t wait to see it all tricked out. Awesome setup! Yes, sir looks pretty close to me.
 
Based on original wait time you should have gotten tank by Jan 1. Any reason for addtl wait? Concerned as I have a tank on order with them.
 
Looking forward to see this come together. I am also looking at getting a Crystal Dynamics tank. Looking at getting a 225 gal 72"x30"x24" Eurobraced tank.
 
Looking forward to see this come together. I am also looking at getting a Crystal Dynamics tank. Looking at getting a 225 gal 72"x30"x24" Eurobraced tank.

I like your dimensions. I would have gone 30” wide, but space would not permit. The extra width will give you more options with the aquascape.

Although I have yet received the tank, my experience with Crystal Dynamics has been very positive. Zoya has been very attentive and quickly responds with any questions. I appreciate the fact they took time to send build pictures which makes the experience that much more fun.

I am not sure of your time table, but I am pretty sure CD will be at the Cali Reefapoloosa this year. It might be worth the trip to talk with them in person.
 
I like your dimensions. I would have gone 30” wide, but space would not permit. The extra width will give you more options with the aquascape.

Although I have yet received the tank, my experience with Crystal Dynamics has been very positive. Zoya has been very attentive and quickly responds with any questions. I appreciate the fact they took time to send build pictures which makes the experience that much more fun.

I am not sure of your time table, but I am pretty sure CD will be at the Cali Reefapoloosa this year. It might be worth the trip to talk with them in person.
I’m in no rush as I want to pay cash, so it won’t be till the end of the year or beginning of next year. You just don’t hear as much about custom tank builders as they don’t sell as many tanks.

Plus, this will be my dream tank without having to finish out my basement.
 
I’m in no rush as I want to pay cash, so it won’t be till the end of the year or beginning of next year. You just don’t hear as much about custom tank builders as they don’t sell as many tanks.

Plus, this will be my dream tank without having to finish out my basement.

If you come to the Cali Reefapoloosa, look me up. The event is put on by the local reef club I belong to and I usually volunteer. It is a great show and a hope/skip and a jump from Disneyland.
 
It’s ready to be shipped!

AAA88C10-6F9F-4BBF-A436-DF273D4C5B54.jpeg

63C807E1-CCFF-46A3-922A-0657A657125D.jpeg

55DF6B65-12C0-45E2-9DA6-7CF0199579A6.jpeg
 
Tank looks awesome! Now that they've finished yours they can finish my 225 I ordered 6 months ago:-)

How are you going to move it into place after it's delivered? I still need to figure this out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new