CSB Anemones: Colorado VS Chicago

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's the major difference between Colorado and Chicago versions of the CSB anemones?

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm no expert, but reef lounge anaheim had them side by side in a tank once. colorado was much more bubbly while the chicago was much longer.

the bubbles showed off the rainbow streaking that they both have very well. but it may have just been less hungry than the chicago. *shrug*

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m surprised at the lack of comments. I know a lot of people have them on here

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chicago: Usually doesnt bubble up, tentacles usually stay stringy. Foot is pinkish red. oral disk usually discolored/blue with green streaks. Tentacles come in colormorphs ranging from purple, red, orange, yellow with green streaks. Pattern on tentacles almost solid but if you look closer it is fine dotted.

Colorado: can usualy keep tentacles bubbled up. foot is marbled. oral disk is green sometimes blueish with white webbing. Colormophes range from red , orange, yellow depending on maturity and other factors. Will have yellow tips sometimes can turn green. Tentacle pattern is streaked.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally different anemones. I see CHSB morph more than CSB. I think Reefbuilders did a recent article showing red phase and the yellow (lemon drop) phase. CHSB gets streaks of color up the tentacles that I've never seen in other anemones (I have Colorado, Chicago, Supernova, various Rainbows). Colorados have this Waygu beef coloration and pattern to the foot.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick pic that I just took of 2 Chicago's at work the more Yellow one on the left is a baby drum a 3 way split.
IMG_20220509_154414.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Totally different anemones. I see CHSB morph more than CSB. I think Reefbuilders did a recent article showing red phase and the yellow (lemon drop) phase. CHSB gets streaks of color up the tentacles that I've never seen in other anemones (I have Colorado, Chicago, Supernova, various Rainbows). Colorados have this Waygu beef coloration and pattern to the foot.
I would love to see that collection.

giorgiosreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my ReefWise Lemon Drops shot under a Blue Plus bulb. From what I've read, my anemones are the same colors and the CHSB, just different lineage. As for the Colorados, my CHSB never had the intense orange coloration that the CSBs seem to have. Seem to stay a lot more yellow with green accents, streaks on the tentacles, etc. The oral disc tends to be like deep purple with green in it.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my ReefWise Lemon Drops shot under a Blue Plus bulb. From what I've read, my anemones are the same colors and the CHSB, just different lineage. As for the Colorados, my CHSB never had the intense orange coloration that the CSBs seem to have. Seem to stay a lot more yellow with green accents, streaks on the tentacles, etc. The oral disc tends to be like deep purple with green in it.

My understanding is that they are the same anemone.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210114_130405.jpg

That was one if my CSBs age I first got it a year and a half ago I want to say.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back