CSB V Chicago Sunburst Science

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
842
Reaction score
838
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay can anyone explain (with science ) why keeping a CSB with a Chicago causes one to die? Even if they don’t touch?

Like I can’t imagine what the reason could be
 
Okay can anyone explain (with science ) why keeping a CSB with a Chicago causes one to die? Even if they don’t touch?

Like I can’t imagine what the reason could be
Under what context is the claim?
Size of tank, proximity?

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bta-chemical-warfare.535417/
I’m just curious because I was always told don’t mix BTAs but I don’t get why. They are all BTAs regardless of color morph so why can’t they be in the same tank even if they don’t touch
 
I’m just curious because I was always told don’t mix BTAs but I don’t get why. They are all BTAs regardless of color morph so why can’t they be in the same tank even if they don’t touch
You will be hard-pressed to find factual scientific information.
I know that there are anecdotal reports. I believe there may be some chemical mechanisms, defensiveness amoung different anemone varieties.
In a large enough tank any chemical defense is probably mitigated by chemical filtration and the volume of water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new