CTARS Lutz Tank Committee

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many of you know CTARS donated and maintains a reef tank at the Lutz Children's Museum. This is the reason we are able to have our meetings there at no charge. Recently we redesigned the system and have simplified the setup. For livestock we will be adding clownfish and anemones.

We are looking for volunteers that would be interested in helping maintain this system. Volunteers would need to participate in weekly 15 minute conference calls and be able to travel to the Lutz once a month to check on the system and provide light maintenance.

Working together as a group we can make the Lutz tank flourish for the Children's enjoyment.

Please reply if you are interested.

Thanks.
Jason

Mike_Diako

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I am only about 5 minutes away from Lutz. If something is ever needed in a pinch I would be more than happy to assist. Unfortunately, I haven't renewerd my CTARS membership in a couple of years though. :neutral:

OP
OP
Vaiodude

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I am only about 5 minutes away from Lutz. If something is ever needed in a pinch I would be more than happy to assist. Unfortunately, I haven't renewerd my CTARS membership in a couple of years though. :neutral:

Mike,

Thank you for offering your help!

Now is the perfect time to renew your membership. We have a great year planned including a trip to Long Island sound, a fragging demo where members will get to leave with awesome frags, pig roast, and many other great meetings. Also CTARS members get in and hour earlier when they buy tickets to CMAC! Which are on sale for $15 by the way.

Jason

OP
OP
Vaiodude

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is just about ready for livestock!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424302689.890299.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424302712.829705.jpg

seagull18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be able to help also. Are you going to have a meeting for the potential volunteers so everyone knows exactly what is involved?

OP
OP
Vaiodude

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be able to help also. Are you going to have a meeting for the potential volunteers so everyone knows exactly what is involved?

Yes but most likely a conference call. If anyone is going to Blakes this Friday for the after hours event or this Months meeting we can talk in person there. Basically I am trying to setup a schedule so that each volunteer will only need to service the tank once a month. Most visits will just include emptying the skimmer cup, cleaning the glass, some water testing, and to make sure things are running well. Occasional water changes may be involved but not every week.

OP
OP
Vaiodude

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it looks like the committee is:

Vaiodude
Suicideissleep
Mike in CT
Tiggreef
Geomarq
Seagull18

I have sent out an email to all volunteers.

Thanks again!

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to being able to help make this tank something we can all be proud of!

OP
OP
Vaiodude

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our fist call Monday evening and will be developing a schedule and list of tasks. Stay tuned.....

OP
OP
Vaiodude

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moment we have all been waiting for......the Lutz tank officially has livestock and an actual committee!!

Don at Wet Pets in Vernon generously donated a pair of clowns and 3 green chromis! Thanks Don!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426343357.912845.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426343379.998336.jpg

Also the Lutz Tank Committee will be meeting today to get all committee members acclimated with the tank and we will establish a maintenance schedule so we can easily keep this tank running smoothly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back