CUC for 29 gallon

JoyTheJenday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I’m new to reefing and I’ve recently set up a 29 gallon tank that’s finished cycling. Right now I have one Nassarius snail, one trochus snail, two margarita snails, and one cerith snail. I was told that I can have up to ten snails in my tank so I’m pretty sure that stocking is fine. However, I’ve read some threads that say things from one hermit crab per gallon to one hermit crab per ten gallons and I’m not sure what to believe. I currently have five hermit crabs: four really small ones and a bigger one (about half an inch). Two scarlet, one blue legged, one left legged/dwarf zebra, and one blue knuckled. I know they all grow up to about an inch and I was wondering if I’ve overstocked on hermit crabs. Thank you and sorry for the lengthy post!

patrick886

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For hermits, I personally went for the blue legged ones, which may have lesser aggression and reef safe. Also they stay small.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good way when starring out is to go to reefcleaners.org
They have good prices on CuC. For just starting out you should get a package for a tank half the size of what you currently have

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back