CUC for 29 gallon

JoyTheJenday

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I’m new to reefing and I’ve recently set up a 29 gallon tank that’s finished cycling. Right now I have one Nassarius snail, one trochus snail, two margarita snails, and one cerith snail. I was told that I can have up to ten snails in my tank so I’m pretty sure that stocking is fine. However, I’ve read some threads that say things from one hermit crab per gallon to one hermit crab per ten gallons and I’m not sure what to believe. I currently have five hermit crabs: four really small ones and a bigger one (about half an inch). Two scarlet, one blue legged, one left legged/dwarf zebra, and one blue knuckled. I know they all grow up to about an inch and I was wondering if I’ve overstocked on hermit crabs. Thank you and sorry for the lengthy post!
 
I have a 44gallon, 2 snails, 6 hermits and a cleaner shrimp. Don't recommend the shrimp but your hermits are fine
 
For hermits, I personally went for the blue legged ones, which may have lesser aggression and reef safe. Also they stay small.
 
Good way when starring out is to go to reefcleaners.org
They have good prices on CuC. For just starting out you should get a package for a tank half the size of what you currently have
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new