CUC too good

In the Haus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval 13.5 been up for 4 weeks. 1 small O. Clown, 1 Mex. Turbo Snail, and 1 red legged hermit (inverts added 2 days ago)
pH: 8.1
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 13.1 (I know that's high, I'm likely overfeeding)

I ordered Galaxy pods from AlgaeBarn, and they should be here tomorrow. Have I overdone it on the CUC too early? I've increased the lighting from 4 hrs. to 7 hrs. in hopes to keep the turbo snail fed, it has been very efficient on cleaning the algae that I have. Should I add nori or algae wafers to keep it fed? Do I need to feed the pods?

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure they have enough to eat with your tank be so young
Nori rapped round a shell or stone held on with elastic band . I always add cuc first when setting up a new reef . Hermit will eat flake as well . Pods as above have said feed plankton buy some plankton then produce your own save on money

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval 13.5 been up for 4 weeks. 1 small O. Clown, 1 Mex. Turbo Snail, and 1 red legged hermit (inverts added 2 days ago)
pH: 8.1
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 13.1 (I know that's high, I'm likely overfeeding)

I ordered Galaxy pods from AlgaeBarn, and they should be here tomorrow. Have I overdone it on the CUC too early? I've increased the lighting from 4 hrs. to 7 hrs. in hopes to keep the turbo snail fed, it has been very efficient on cleaning the algae that I have. Should I add nori or algae wafers to keep it fed? Do I need to feed the pods?
What you have seems okay to me. YEs, sometimes I add nori just for my CUC. I add it for my herbivore fish of course, but I also use a rubber band and secure some to a small piece of rock rubble for the CUC as well.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one snail and one hermit is not too much at all, it seems just right for now. Better to add more as you need them rather than overstock and let them starve to death.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back