CUC too good

In the Haus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Batavia
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval 13.5 been up for 4 weeks. 1 small O. Clown, 1 Mex. Turbo Snail, and 1 red legged hermit (inverts added 2 days ago)
pH: 8.1
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 13.1 (I know that's high, I'm likely overfeeding)

I ordered Galaxy pods from AlgaeBarn, and they should be here tomorrow. Have I overdone it on the CUC too early? I've increased the lighting from 4 hrs. to 7 hrs. in hopes to keep the turbo snail fed, it has been very efficient on cleaning the algae that I have. Should I add nori or algae wafers to keep it fed? Do I need to feed the pods?
 
It doesn’t seem too much at all, as long as they have algae to eat.

You can never have too many pods, so that’s a good thing you ordered some. To feed them, you simply dose phytoplancton.
 
Just make sure they have enough to eat with your tank be so young
Nori rapped round a shell or stone held on with elastic band . I always add cuc first when setting up a new reef . Hermit will eat flake as well . Pods as above have said feed plankton buy some plankton then produce your own save on money
 
I have a Fluval 13.5 been up for 4 weeks. 1 small O. Clown, 1 Mex. Turbo Snail, and 1 red legged hermit (inverts added 2 days ago)
pH: 8.1
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 13.1 (I know that's high, I'm likely overfeeding)

I ordered Galaxy pods from AlgaeBarn, and they should be here tomorrow. Have I overdone it on the CUC too early? I've increased the lighting from 4 hrs. to 7 hrs. in hopes to keep the turbo snail fed, it has been very efficient on cleaning the algae that I have. Should I add nori or algae wafers to keep it fed? Do I need to feed the pods?
What you have seems okay to me. YEs, sometimes I add nori just for my CUC. I add it for my herbivore fish of course, but I also use a rubber band and secure some to a small piece of rock rubble for the CUC as well.
 
one snail and one hermit is not too much at all, it seems just right for now. Better to add more as you need them rather than overstock and let them starve to death.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new