Culturing phytoplankton

I might need to try that. mine always crashes after few harvests even I clean everything with vinegar....
Something with my method went awry and I haven’t had a good harvest in the last month or two. If you find a solid solution do share.

I just found out today that I set my timer to 12 instead of 16 at some point during the summer. Hoping that it will all grow well after this reset.

If I can’t get it working I think I’m just going to cut back on my cultivating (doing 2 phyto, 3 copepods) so I have enough spare containers to just rotate them out every other harvest easily
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new