cupramine and mg/l to ppm

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im about to buy some fish and get ready to put into my 80 gal QT tank
iv looked on the back of cupramine bottle and its in mg/l not ppm whot everybody uses! its says 20drops per 10.5 gallons the 1st day then wait 48hours before doing again! says the final copper concentration should be 0.5 mg/l and for 14 days! But iv used converter and 0.5 is only 0.5ppm (thants not enough is it )? most of you guys run 1.75-2 ppm don't you?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every copper medication has different therapeutic levels. Here is a statement from seachem "Keep in mind that this product is still effective as low as .20 ppm and generally safe for fish up to .80 ppm, but we recommend .50 ppm as the ideal level.".

For this medication 0.5 is enough and in my own experience I've used lower levels with success for more sensitive fish.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every copper medication has different therapeutic levels. Here is a statement from seachem "Keep in mind that this product is still effective as low as .20 ppm and generally safe for fish up to .80 ppm, but we recommend .50 ppm as the ideal level.".

For this medication 0.5 is enough and in my own experience I've used lower levels with success for more sensitive fish.
just asking because 0.5 mg/l is only 0.5 ppm and every video iv watched and most people on forum say there final copper level is 1.75 -2 ppm that's 3 times whot says on seachem bottle

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread.
I stumbled across this while reading about cupramine. For Cupramine, 0.5 ppm is therapeutic. While chelated copper, like Copper Power, is close to 1.75 ppm.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back