Cupramine, Evaporation and Top Offs

kesh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2017
Messages
88
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, few quick questions?
  1. Does cupramine levels increase with evaporation or remain at levels pre-evaporation?
  2. If increase, i would then need to constantly maintain it at certain water level?
  3. If same, do i need to add cupramine to top off water cause it then seems i would be diluting the water with top offs?
I lose around 10% water volume weekly to evaporation

I have read the answer somewhere but cant re-trace it and not much time to spent due to exams. Sorry. Cheers
 
Last edited:
Cupramine does not evaporate, but pure water does,

So as you lose water, it concentrates, then replacing the evaporated water returns it to where it was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new