Cupramine therapeutic level

HLand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing a rubbermaid 150gal stock tank for about a week now and cannot get my Hanna checker to go above 0.28ppm. Will the rubbermaid tub absorb the copper? The only thing in the tub are 2 powers heads, a few air stones, 2 heaters, and pvc. At this point I have probably more than tripled the recommended dose.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been dosing a rubbermaid 150gal stock tank for about a week now and cannot get my Hanna checker to go above 0.28ppm. Will the rubbermaid tub absorb the copper? The only thing in the tub are 2 powers heads, a few air stones, 2 heaters, and pvc. At this point I have probably more than tripled the recommended dose.

Do not exceed 0.5
Tub will absorb a little
Assure you’re not getting false readings by taking a water sample to a trusted LFS and have them test and verify your readings

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It could be an issue with your Hanna tester, as I don’t see anything in your set up that should be removing copper.

One way to check things out is to add one gallon of fresh seawater to a glass container. Using a pipet, dose it with Cupramine, mix well and test. You should get a reading of around 0.50 ppm. If not, then your tester is off.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back