Current eflux dc pump.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one use one off this vhot you think CURRENT USA - EFLUX LOOP DC FLOW RETURN PUMP any experience .

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let see if we can find someone:)

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one for my 220 gallon reef build, will let you know once I get it up in running

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on getting the 220 up and running, but the pump on my 75 died, so installed it as an emergency fix.
It is so quiet i can't tell it's running without watching the return line.
Doesn't have a feed shutoff, but not a deal killer, I just marked the dial so I know exactly where I had at before feeding.
This pump pushes some serious water flow, definitely over kill on a 75, only running it at 50% power on my 75 high flow tank.

20170322_232215.jpg

20170322_232206.jpg

ryan316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear, mine just came in today and I'll be drilling my 75 on Friday for the lg eclipse overflow and I'll be running this pump

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using two: One for my 120g DT and a duplicate to run my salt water mixing station (in case I need an emergency backup). I don't have the DT wet yet, but it works very well on filling/emptying the sump and mixing the saltwater tank. Only thing i don't like is that the controller doesn't have a real "off" position; when I turn it down all the way it is still operating at a very slow speed. Current USA support said this has something to do with the magnetic drive - didn't make sense to me. To turn it off completely I have to have it on a switch.

Dave1045

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it running wide open on the 75- or do you have it turned way down?

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the 220 gallon up and running. This pump is great. More then enough power, running at 75%, still nice and quiet, hard plumbed with 1" pvc

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

Iiismet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up one of the 1900gph ones about 3 weeks ago and its working great on my 80 gallon, its silent under 75%, love it so far

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By any chance any of you notice the flow is not consistent?

I have the 1050 model in my 55G for about two months and I notice right away what at times the flow was moving water very well and sometimes not. I check the support page and they recommend to restart the pump so I did try and that help but I just can't keep doing that everyday.
I contact current USA and they replace the controller, the new controller recognize the pump as the 1090G model but work but after I start doing flow adjustments the pump shut down between 80-90% and restart so I contact them again and they send me a whole new pump and return the old one.

I did install the new one about 5 days ago and I notice the flow still not consistent so I just wonder is this is normal in these pumps.
My drain is 1 1/2 and my return 3/4 reduced to 1/2 with two loc-line nozzles.

Any input will be appreciated it.

TIA.

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't noticed anything like that on mine, I have the 3170gph pump, very steady. My ATO would be beeping at me if it does

RegalAngel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked at the Current Eflux DC pump and the EcoTech L1. The L1 won since I needed to have the ability to change the flow automatically on a schedule. The Eflux has no auto control; only manual control.

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked at the Current Eflux DC pump and the EcoTech L1. The L1 won since I needed to have the ability to change the flow automatically on a schedule. The Eflux has no auto control; only manual control.

I was going to get a L1, but figured for half the price would give the eflux a try. Didn't care about feed mode or anything. I'm running two mp40's but don't have a reef link,

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By any chance any of you notice the flow is not consistent?

I have the 1050 model in my 55G for about two months and I notice right away what at times the flow was moving water very well and sometimes not. I check the support page and they recommend to restart the pump so I did try and that help but I just can't keep doing that everyday.
I contact current USA and they replace the controller, the new controller recognize the pump as the 1090G model but work but after I start doing flow adjustments the pump shut down between 80-90% and restart so I contact them again and they send me a whole new pump and return the old one.

I did install the new one about 5 days ago and I notice the flow still not consistent so I just wonder is this is normal in these pumps.
My drain is 1 1/2 and my return 3/4 reduced to 1/2 with two loc-line nozzles.

Any input will be appreciated it.

TIA.

Guess I spoke too soon, as soon as I turned my pump up past about 75% it kicks off then back on again for bout 20 minutes. Just called current, so far they are sending me a new pump. Will keep you updated if the new one does same thing

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the responses guys.

Guess I spoke too soon, as soon as I turned my pump up past about 75% it kicks off then back on again for bout 20 minutes. Just called current, so far they are sending me a new pump. Will keep you updated if the new one does same thing

@Drew589 Sorry to hear this happen to you too. My replacement is working ok but I still think the flow is not consistent, I just let it run at 100% and don't touch it.

I'll probably wait until the new Sicce DC pumps it the market and keep the Eflux for backup somehow I just can't trust it.

Let me know how the new pump works.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back