Current eflux dc pump.

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the responses guys.

@Drew589 Sorry to hear this happen to you too. My replacement is working ok but I still think the flow is not consistent, I just let it run at 100% and don't touch it.

I'll probably wait until the new Sicce DC pumps it the market and keep the Eflux for backup somehow I just can't trust it.

Let me know how the new pump works.

Update, they sent a new pump still having the same issue. Noticed the control module was excessively hot, Current said it does have a built in shut off which turns off the pump when it gets to hot. So they are sending me a new control module which is supposed tho be better.

I just bought the Reef Octopus VarioS8 to use for my main return pump. Just don't trust the current anymore. The Current appears to be built good, just think they are still working out some bugs.

The VarioS8 is working great with no issues.

Using the Current to run a manifold connected to my GFO and Carbon

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, they sent a new pump still having the same issue. Noticed the control module was excessively hot, Current said it does have a built in shut off which turns off the pump when it gets to hot. So they are sending me a new control module which is supposed tho be better.

I just bought the Reef Octopus VarioS8 to use for my main return pump. Just don't trust the current anymore. The Current appears to be built good, just think they are still working out some bugs.

The VarioS8 is working great with no issues.

Using the Current to run a manifold connected to my GFO and Carbon

@Drew589 Thanks for the update, let's hope the new controller works for you.
Mine still working and no shut offs but the flow is not consistent (drives me nuts), I originally want to get the Reef Octopus but the price on the Current got me.
I'm going to wait about 1-2 months and I hope the Sicce becomes available but if I can't get it I'll just go the same route as you also I just got a used Heim for back up just in case the Current decide to give up on me.

Keep me posted!

mwrobers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 6010 (1,900 gph) pump on my 125 along with the Loop IC light and eflux 2,100 gph wave pump. When connected to the Loop controller (part of light kit), feed mode drops the wave pump(s) and DC pump flow down to 30% of your current setting for 10 minutes. I run the pump at about 25% from my 55 gallon sump (it's all my HOB overflow can handle). The DC pump controller does not get hot. I've had the pump for about a 1.5 months.

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original controller got real hot. The new one they sent gets warm, but not to bad. Due to the issues I was having even on the replacement pump, it is sadly only being used on a manifold for my 220gal. Had high hopes for the pump, Just can't trust it.

Screenshot_20170717-172648.png

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the consensus is not to buy the pump. Correct? I think I will stay away from the current efflux.

So how is the vario8 working out? ARe you running anything else with it like reactors too?

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My varios8 is working great, have one running my 60 gal frag tank also with a inline manifold running two media reactors with no problems.

Still have the eflux running my two media reactors on main tank, no problem, but I don't trust it for a main pump

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a 6010 since the first week they started shipping. I love mine. Dead silent. I have never had flow consistency issues when I leave the knob alone. I will say that if you turn it all the way off or all the way up, it's hard to get it back exactly where it was before you moved it.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My varios8 is working great, have one running my 60 gal frag tank also with a inline manifold running two media reactors with no problems.

Still have the eflux running my two media reactors on main tank, no problem, but I don't trust it for a main pump

Thanks for the tip. I will stay away. I have the varios6 on my skimmer. Not sure the 8 can run my system and reactors by itself.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the 1050gph return pump because I needed a new return and I already have the LOOP lights and controller.

I tried connecting the usb plug to the LOOP hub and it just gives me an error code and won’t let me use my loop controller until I unplug and plug it back in. Waiting for current support to address that one...

The pump itself is very good quality and runs super silent!! However, when I turn it off and on via a switch, it goes crazy. I have it set on 50%, but when I turn it off and on, it blows full power and drains my return chamber in my sump, almost overflows my poor overflow box. I have to turn the dial back down to as low as it can go, it takes a second before the power comes back down, then I have to set the dial back to what I had it. Frustrating, and super inconvenient. It should just resume power where you have your dial set. It takes time to tune it and messing with the dial each time just doesn’t give a consistent setting... let’s also see what current has to say about that on Monday.

So far, loop controller doesn’t work, and return pump is not keeping the set power on restart....

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely following along.

I am running the 48' ic pros and two of the 1050 gph eflux wave pumps. Tank is still cycling but the wave pumps put at great flow from what I can see and they are silent.

Running them in the gyre mode. Will see how they are working once the tank has some livestock

Will definitely like to see more long term results on the return pump

I see people are having issues with the pump control itself. Anyone else having issues with the loop controller running it as one or the other posts reported?

Also send current a message to see what the F was up with the mysterious Bluetooth module. They say it should be coming out soon...we shall see

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely following along.

I am running the 48' ic pros and two of the 1050 gph eflux wave pumps. Tank is still cycling but the wave pumps put at great flow from what I can see and they are silent.

Running them in the gyre mode. Will see how they are working once the tank has some livestock

Will definitely like to see more long term results on the return pump

I see people are having issues with the pump control itself. Anyone else having issues with the loop controller running it as one or the other posts reported?

Also send current a message to see what the F was up with the mysterious Bluetooth module. They say it should be coming out soon...we shall see

The Bluetooth module has been out for several weeks. You can only buy it directly from Current right now though.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current has been great with customer service and sending replacement HUbS to correct the issues. You can end up with a wacky controller but current has you covered if you do....

Would recommend this pump for sure. The pump itself is worth the $.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current has been great with customer service and sending replacement HUbS to correct the issues. You can end up with a wacky controller but current has you covered if you do....

Would recommend this pump for sure. The pump itself is worth the $.
I initially had a faulty controller. I ordered the ic pros that came with the wave hub.

All of the functions on the remote didn't work at all times.

I returned to Amazon and second system has had no issues

Toosalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 eflux 2100 wavemakers and the 3190 return pump on my 210g for over a year now. I had the same problem with the HUB overheating for the return pump, but Current sent out a new one. I had no issues with the new one until I bought the Bluetooth module and Current had to send out a new HUB for the return pump so it could work with it. All new HUBS were covered 100% by Current. All of the pumps are silent and move a lot of water. On a side note, I removed the rubber cover on the return pump HUB just to make sure it does not overheat again. I probably didn't need to do this, but why not be safe?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have 2 of the current 3100 gph return pumps on my 240, and they are amazing. They come with the dc control that is manual, but if you link them into the Bluetooth controller now, you can set them on a schedule. I’m running mine maybe at 20% and it’s way more than I need for flow.

Not to mention, they are dead silent and currents warrant and customer service is beyond amazing.

From reading some of the posts I would love to see how people have their systems set up that have issues. I have been beta testing most of currents items on a large scale. With that being mentioned, none of my stuff hasn’t every been faulty, not worked properly, or anything. The manifold hub covers do nothing except keep water out. My hubs that run all the time never even get warm ever.

As with anything there are going to be some that are faulty with any company. It doesn’t matter how good or new they are it happens. I run everything current on my 240 gallon tank, and have had zero issues. In doing volunteer work for my local aquariums, I have seen more issues with varios pumps and Ecotech pumps then currents.

With that being said, could there be items from current that can go bad or faulty, of course. But, the number of good ones, is the same as varios, and Ecotech, they all have manufactured defects. Not to mention, if they are hooked up wrong, for any of them will cause problems. Everybody has steered me clear of current except my lfs. Which I have always trusted the most, and I’m glad I have. My system has been going for over 6 months now, and not one single issue. Yet I have helped friends, who have used varios, Ecotech, and others who have had issues, and some have had no issues like me. With everything being said, can any of us say who is better or worse, no not really. It’s more of a gamble than anything, in honesty do you think any company wants to produce bad products and go out of business?

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back