Current USA 6010 default to 100% issue.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Calebd91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Calebd91

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Messages
159
Reaction score
122
Location
pascagoula
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for these pumps to default back to %100 regardless where the controller dial is set?
On the first start up of my new tank with the controller dial at lowest point it went to %100 until I adjusted the dial up to about %50 where it runs at now.
My issue is today I got an alarm for low water level in my return section of sump, luckily my wife was home an sent me video of it and sure enough the return pump was sucking air and blowing bubbles like mad into the tank. Although the controller dial was still set at %50???
I’m wondering if didn’t have a slight power flicker an caused it to default back to %100. I don’t want to have to worry about this every time I shut the pump down for water change or in the event of a slight power flicker.

anyone else experience this? I can’t find any info online if this is normal or not.
thanks.
 
I had to hook up everything related to the current USA Loop system to a UPS back up. Every time the power flickered it would reset everything to default and screw up my tank. Lights at 100% and pumps at 100%, it was a mess.
 
I had to hook up everything related to the current USA Loop system to a UPS back up. Every time the power flickered it would reset everything to default and screw up my tank. Lights at 100% and pumps at 100%, it was a mess.
dang, yea I may have to implement some kind of power backup for it. I’d like to not have to worry that every time power flickers it’s going to go wide open. Living on the gulf coast exspecially during storm season is going to be an issue. I have generator to run in the event for extended outages but I’m prepared for that. But we still experience intermittent flickers often unexpectedly
 
dang, yea I may have to implement some kind of power backup for it. I’d like to not have to worry that every time power flickers it’s going to go wide open. Living on the gulf coast exspecially during storm season is going to be an issue. I have generator to run in the event for extended outages but I’m prepared for that. But we still experience intermittent flickers often unexpectedly
Yeah I’m in Broward. The power is always flickering. It’s a nightmare. The biggest issue for me was the lights, they’d get stuck on all day and fry my coral. I’m phasing put the loop system, I bought it in 2017 and have added a few things over the years. I just bought AI hydras this week to replace my loop lights, as much as I loved the weather features. The wave makers for loop don’t last long for the price, those will be the next thing I replace. Current has a great concept, but I don’t think they’ve got the system quite right yet and it’s been years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new