Current USA loop lights

MoonBiscuit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a standard 75g center brace tank. Is 4 current USA loop lights too much?

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of wasting so much on 4 of those lights, get something much cheaper and much better. 0.5W LEDs, good for really shallow tanks and low light corals.

I am honestly in awe with amount of people asking about these every day. I have no idea what it is about them, and how they did it, but got to give them props for fooling everyone with low output lights good for almost nothing and charging as much as premium lights that will blow theirs out of the water (no pun intended) There are at least 2-3 people a day asking about these, its honestly mind boggling. More people ask abou them than about Kessil and AI light fixtures. We should just have a sticky with all the threads asking about these lights, it would be much easier and faster than to repeat same answer over and over again haha.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of wasting so much on 4 of those lights, get something much cheaper and much better. 0.5W LEDs, good for really shallow tanks and low light corals.

I am honestly in awe with amount of people asking about these every day. I have no idea what it is about them, and how they did it, but got to give them props for fooling everyone with low output lights good for almost nothing and charging as much as premium lights that will blow theirs out of the water (no pun intended) There are at least 2-3 people a day asking about these, its honestly mind boggling. More people ask abou them than about Kessil and AI light fixtures. We should just have a sticky with all the threads asking about these lights, it would be much easier and faster than to repeat same answer over and over again haha.
when i first started i bought one manly just from google searchs probably paid reviews had no idea about reef2reef at the time but shortly upgraded it to a couple mars aquas now using a reefbreeders photon with 2 lumen bars and love it

OP
OP
M

MoonBiscuit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea so I rushed my first saltwater setup when I started in the hobby 3 years ago and that’s what I ended up with. I just acquired 2 more ic pros and threw them on there. Believe the next tank I set up will have Kessils on it, but this is what I have now

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i first started i bought one manly just from google searchs probably paid reviews had no idea about reef2reef at the time but shortly upgraded it to a couple mars aquas now using a reefbreeders photon with 2 lumen bars and love it
That's what happened to me I googled "best saltwater aquarium lights" current pop up

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had mine in a 24in deep 60gal I was able to grow low light lps and soft they work great for those. The colors of the lights are awsome and easy to work with but if you want high light sps or anything they just aren't strong enough. I sold mine as I want acro and other high demanding coral. It depends on you what your stocking will/want

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not nearly as bad as people in this thread are implying but theres Way better options for the price point you’re talking about. Get like 3x AI Prime HD, or 2x and then a ReefBrite XHO since you have that pesky center brace.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the reef Brite I just got rid of my loops had 2 48in and upgraded to 2 reef Brite lumi lite pro. And cheap t5 and I can tell a big difference in the tank.

Long Island Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these lights last year for my tank, worked well for a few months but have since had to upgrade to better lights and I now regret not spending a few extra bucks in the beginning as I have no use for the current lights now.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back