Current USA Orbit Marine LED any good?

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 48 inch led orbit strips at 70% blue and 20% white. I retrofitted a 48 inch T5 ATI bulb in between. I am getting pretty good soft and lps growth, i have a few montis near the top that are growing as well. I just added some SPS digis and stylos near the top of tank, i just changed my LED to 80% blue and 30% white and ill probably slowly ramp up till I get to 100% blue and 40% white, hopefully my sps will grow....

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how it would support corals but when I had one in my FOWLR 135g, it grew thee best coralline ever!!!!

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Current USA Orbit Marine LED Saltwater Reef Lighting System any good? I have someone that has it for sale cheep. currently i have no light for my aquarium because its not up and running yet.

p_87700_73810KZ_004.jpg

I use the Pro version on my 12 Gallon long which is a very shallow tank. It grows everything I put there so far including some hard Corals.

I needed something with a very low profile so it’s perfect for me. It’s been a very good light and has enough options to suit different Marine tank options.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 48 inch led orbit strips at 70% blue and 20% white. I retrofitted a 48 inch T5 ATI bulb in between. I am getting pretty good soft and lps growth, i have a few montis near the top that are growing as well. I just added some SPS digis and stylos near the top of tank, i just changed my LED to 80% blue and 30% white and ill probably slowly ramp up till I get to 100% blue and 40% white, hopefully my sps will grow....

So just an update, I ramped up my blue to 100, white to 40 and green/red to 30. My sps are growing at probably a moderate pace although some sps are thin (might not be a lighting issue) and they are all on the top 3rd of the tank. Again, these are supplemented with 2 T5 bulbs. Recent pic.

20190223_144007.jpg

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just an update, I ramped up my blue to 100, white to 40 and green/red to 30. My sps are growing at probably a moderate pace although some sps are thin (might not be a lighting issue). Again, these are supplemented with 2 T5 bulbs. Recent pic.

20190223_144007.jpg
Jet, did you notice an algae increase when you ramped up the green/reds? I cuurently have mine set to 0% on each and was thinking about ramping them up; however, I have read that algae increases dramatically.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jet, did you notice an algae increase when you ramped up the green/reds? I cuurently have mine set to 0% on each and was thinking about ramping them up; however, I have read that algae increases dramatically.

Yeah, I was worried about the same thing but I noticed alot of my sps were green (which i read may be due to being too much blue light). I have notced some bubble algae growing in the cracks of my rocks between coraline so there may be some increased algae although no other algae that I can see, I do have an oversized UV running though which is proabably helping.

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was worried about the same thing but I noticed alot of my sps were green (which i read may be due to being too much blue light). I have notced some bubble algae growing in the cracks of my rocks between coraline so there may be some increased algae although no other algae that I can see, I do have an oversized UV running though which is proabably helping.
Gotcha, thanks! I don't have a UV yet, so that may be something I need to invest in to counteract the increase.

Bubbagump69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older thread, but have the newer versions improved? I only plan on LPS and softies in my tank.

nelsonmiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i jus got a tank that came with 2 current loop lights is a 6ft 220g has lens and wondering what model do i have and is it enough or should chamge lights

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back