Curve 7 Skimmer issue.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
12,495
Location
ARIZONA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Bubble Magus Curve 7 for the better part of a decade. It’s a Workhorse!!! No complaints except one:
The red plastic cap at the base of the skimmer, I believe allows the hobbyist to reposition the pump to face another direction etc. My problem is, this red cap easily comes out and floats away. The skimmer doesn’t work if this happens. I’ve attached 3 zip ties together around the base of the skimmer to hold it into place. Not an ideal solution but the only one I have.
Anyone with the same problem? Any solutions? Would appreciate some insight.
 
Last edited:
First thing that come in mind:
- Gently Heat the cap, push something in to make it bigger.
- Epoxy paste, around the cap inside the skimer... may squeeze the cap.
- Super glue gel + activator... final solution.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new