Custom AIO

Did you do a build thread on this tank??
No I didn't I'll probably just edit the title of this thread and use this. So to that note I do have a fun update. Tank has officially been commissioned! Peninsula AIO coming in at 48x19x17". Ordered 3 x Noopsyche K7 pros early September. Going to give those a try. If I don't like them I have an ATI Powermodule to fall back on. I'm looking at roughly 8 weeks to delivery, or at least that's what the quote says.
 
Finally came in from WaterBox and it came out beautifully! Time to start finalizing a few odds and ends. Any recommendations on Gyre style pumps? I've got a boat load of MP10's that I was planning on using, but I'm considering going Gyre to avoid and glass obstruction. Tank will start as fish and anemones, but will end up with coral at some point.
 

Attachments

  • FT 1.jpg
    FT 1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 75
  • FT 1.jpg
    FT 1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 51
  • FT 2.jpg
    FT 2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 55
  • FT 2.jpg
    FT 2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 65
  • FT 3.jpg
    FT 3.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 96
  • FT 4.jpg
    FT 4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 97
Finally came in from WaterBox and it came out beautifully! Time to start finalizing a few odds and ends. Any recommendations on Gyre style pumps? I've got a boat load of MP10's that I was planning on using, but I'm considering going Gyre to avoid and glass obstruction. Tank will start as fish and anemones, but will end up with coral at some point.
Nice! Keen to see how this build willl go.
 
Got off to a rough start with the new tank. Had a pair of mature spotcinctus clowns, two azure damsels and an Eibli angel. Added a sixline and a chocolate mimic tang about a month and a half later and they brought in brooklynella. Started up peroxide dosing and it helped, but brooklynella is a tough one. everythnig eventually died minus the sixline. I am going to continue a low maintenance dose of peroxide (3mL/8 gallons) as a I think it'll help as a preventative maintenance dose for tank diseases.

Unfortunate start, but it does offer me an opportunity to reset. My plan was to always attempt a pair of cpative bred multi-bars (my favorite fish). I bought the Eibli on a wim and ended up loving him (he seemed to make sense being in Baton Rouge, kids named him Mike the Tiger after LSU's mascot).

I ended up likeing the Eibli so much I'm reconsidering doing a multi-bar and Eibli (introduced at the same time).
 
Looks like the SPS bug bit you hard! What lights did you end up going with?
I’m an SPS guy at heart so it was only ever going to end up this way. I went with the Noopsyches and have been pretty please with them thus far. They only max out around 35-40%. They put out good color. Apps not the greatest, but manageable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new