customer service

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly get why this is conceptually annoying, particularly for people that are honest. Trouble is, not everyone IS honest, and the charge/credit really doesn't cost you anything. No harm no foul. Couple of years ago I had a Kessil light fail. It was under warranty so K said thev would replace it. They put a $300 'hold' on my card until they got the old one back (they paid shipping). Charge remained pending and never even hit my balance.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish to apologize to everyone on this forum and especially the people I have interacted with recently. I just read through some of my recent posts and am mortified. I have severe depression and the medication keeps me awake all the time. I haven't slept more that an hour at a stretch in months. I've been trying to wean myself off these pills and a few days ago stop taking them altogether. It's having some viscous side effects. Apparently alcohol only enhances the effect. Guess I should have gone to the doctor first. I put a lot of stuff out there that I can never get back. The one thing I can do is apologize. I'm really not like this all the time.
No problem, hope you get the help you need. Prescription drug abuse is no joke.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's actually anti-depressant that I stopped taking.
Anti-depressants are prescription and can have some serious withdrawals and with alcohol it can have drastic side effects. I hope you get the help you need. No hard feelings from this thread at all and thanks for apologizing.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. Looks like the OP is in the minority. Minority of one. Let it go already.

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish to apologize to everyone on this forum and especially the people I have interacted with recently. I just read through some of my recent posts and am mortified. I have severe depression and the medication keeps me awake all the time. I haven't slept more that an hour at a stretch in months. I've been trying to wean myself off these pills and a few days ago stop taking them altogether. It's having some viscous side effects. Apparently alcohol only enhances the effect. Guess I should have gone to the doctor first. I put a lot of stuff out there that I can never get back. The one thing I can do is apologize. I'm really not like this all the time.

You’re part of our reefing family....wish you all the best [emoji4]

tbaity1401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re part of our reefing family....wish you all the best [emoji4]
Ditto...we've probably all said things we wish we could take back. A lot more important things in life than what internet strangers think about this thread!

Good luck and hope you can get the important things taken care of!

OP
OP
Art2249

Art2249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!. last night I slept 9 hours straight. Still a little woozy and i keep hearing what sounds like a Nikon 35mm camera shutter going off in my head. that's odd. but I think I have crossed the rubicon! There are some memory gaps from the past week. After re-reading my posts I believe my apology should be extended to BrS as well, and especially Adam who works there. So sorry Adam, please accept my apology. Anybody that's been doing this long enough knows that reef-keeping is light years ahead of the days before the internet. BRS is largely responsible for that.
Being an old fool, and with nothing better to do, I want to fill in some gaps here.
My problem started about 4 years ago when i was put on oxygen and stopped working. I was getting pretty bored and my wife suggested that I focus on the garden and keep myself busy. my sons could help with the tilling and planting. All i had to do was water and pick vegetables!
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachments/34-jpg.812981/?temp_hash=85316b62afe78e0f5ae662001875a40c
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachmen...3/?temp_hash=85316b62afe78e0f5ae662001875a40c
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachmen...2/?temp_hash=85316b62afe78e0f5ae662001875a40c
So we planted a bigger garden with 17 fruit trees. I was just growing it and giving it away! It's pretty gratifying to give people quality fruits and vegetables.
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachmen...8/?temp_hash=85316b62afe78e0f5ae662001875a40c
I was still having health problems but overall things were good. then about 9 months ago the Doc dropped the diabetes bombshell on me. he knew i had been kind of down and must have been concerned about the look on my face. ( I was actually wondering what would happen to my wine collection more than the diabetes. Had even been considering where I could squeeze in a few rows of grapes) So he put me on the dreadful pills (the kind where you work your way up to a full dose and don't forget to take them), along with diabetes meds.
When i got home my wife sais "well since you won't be buying any more wine, why not build the fish tank you always wanted? It might even cost less money!" (HE HE, not ). So I pulled the bookshelf out of the hole where I had built my house around a fish tank stand years before and started taking measurements.
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachments/2-jpg.812978/?temp_hash=85316b62afe78e0f5ae662001875a40c
But I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. I even gave up my beloved coffee. Still it got so bad I would sleep an hour at a time with a nightmare squeezed in.
Finally my addled brain decided it might be those dreadful pills. Being a do-it-yourself kind of person i decided to wean myself off without going to the doctor. I love my doc, he's a great guy. but i hate hospitals and medical care in general.
That was a pretty rough ride let me tell you. I was sitting on my porch, tears streaming down, with Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" sounds swirling in my head. that's when i remembered the wine collection. Maybe it would help with these withdrawal symptoms. It had been sitting there collecting dust all this time. No need to wait for it to chill, I'll just be like the romans and drink it a room temperature. really bad idea, DON'T EVER DO DAT!
Well we all know what happened after that. Did I learn anything from all this? Certainly not about posting stuff on the internet, because i just did it again. old fool! But in the future i will be wary of designer drugs put out by pharmaceutical companies. I know they help a lot of people. But as for me, i just think there are chemicals there that don't belong in the human body.
And that's the end of my long, arduous post. I need to go take care of my little animals, who have been sorely neglected as of late.

2.jpg

34.jpg

may 22-4.JPG

apr 16-4.JPG

20180425_122938.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We are not aquarists . . . . . WE ARE SHAREHOLDERS !!! MY one main tank of 4 has approx. $12,000 into it !!!

From this point forward :

credit card.jpg

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love BRS and theynare my go to for most of my dry goods, my ro pre filters and di, parts and equipment. I have had 1 issues and it was not really BRS to blame but the shipping. I got a bag of live sand that had a hole in it and BRS quickly sent me a replacement no request to send back the damaged bag of sand. I think they have great CS.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they pay for the return of the wrong item? Didn't read the whole thread.

One thing I think BRS should do to improve returns is what Marine Depot does... Let you use their commercial rates and deduct it from any refund due.

I had to return a big 8" body skimmer to Marine Depot and it would've cost me $120 to return it because the skimmer box was in a bigger box. Not only did they let me use their commercial rate, but they told me to ship the skimmer back in it's retail box and they would get a new box from the manufacturer so the shipping would be cheaper.

It reduced my shipping from $120 to $30.

Back