Customer service

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have called waterbox about 10 times with no answer from sales, support etc. Depending on what option you choose. I have also left a couple voicemails and also sent a couple emails to inquire about a new aquarium. No replies for anything. Are they still in business? Anyone that has purchased one get the same reults if you have an issue? Not looking good from my front so far.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were pretty responsive when they first appeared on the scene and sold through one distributor in Fl. Now they are like the rest, shallow CS.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. Im very disappointed. They have an attractive frag tank thats on sale. I will just go another route. If its a nightmare just to contact them for a sale, i can only imagine how i would feel if there was an issue if i ordered one. Not worth my time. Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

Happy reefing.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. Im very disappointed. They have an attractive frag tank thats on sale. I will just go another route. If its a nightmare just to contact them for a sale, i can only imagine how i would feel if there was an issue if i ordered one. Not worth my time. Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

Happy reefing.

I agree there frag tank line looks phenomenal but they seemed to have come into the market the way Triton did and flamed out hard. If you were looking at the 45.2 Frag Innovative Marines Lagoons are very similar in dimensions but slightly deeper depending on which model you get. The 25 is the same height and both are available with external overflows or in AIO form.

Last edited:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I forgot I believe the Innovative marine tanks are all on sale with 25% off right now as well so that's always a bonus:)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank should be arriving in a week or so. I wonder if waterbox reads these for feedback. I'm assuming not since they ddint respond to this yet

But they have always responded to multiple questions ive had. So far I've had a great experience. I'll keep you updated

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree there frag tank line looks phenomenal but they seemed to have come into the market the way Triton did and flamed out hard
Not to hijack the thread - but did triton flame out hard? People still seem to be using it. They also have an email request form - maybe that would be better than phone (that seems to be the preferred contact method)

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the thread - but did triton flame out hard? People still seem to be using it. They also have an email request form - maybe that would be better than phone (that seems to be the preferred contact method)

I meant in the sense that they came on the scene and in short order ran out of product. Which left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Customer service faltered, product was rushed, quality issues ensued it was a mess. Triton is still an excellent product and yes people still use it, just like people still order waterboxs, but those initial growing pains Triton felt I feel is the exact same position waterbox is in now. I guess I shouldn't have used the flame out hard description lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I meant in the sense that they came on the scene and in short order ran out of product. Which left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Customer service faltered, product was rushed, quality issues ensued it was a mess. Triton is still an excellent product and yes people still use it, just like people still order waterboxs, but those initial growing pains Triton felt I feel is the exact same position waterbox is in now. I guess I shouldn't have used the flame out hard description lol
Frankly I never boutght their system - which seemed like a way to sell chemicals (the same chemicals one could get at BRS) and the idea of a refugium (wow) - and frequent ICP testing in place of changing water - which cost the same or less. But - I didnt realize that they didnt execute as a company

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a FB message about when their 100.3 will be in stock and ship and got a message the next day fwiw.

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Waterbox through their website and got a response the next day. I also contacted them via fb a couple times regarding my order and got responses back next business day both times.

preerecord

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All...I'm looking for help in contacting Waterbox. I have a 130.4 that is new. I damaged the tank while moving and thats my responsibility. I didn't ask for help with that. All i need help is with the exact dimensions of the glass (which i can measure) and the main issue is the O-Ring for the return section. The clear one. I think the part number is P22111, And its the O-Ring in the upper half of the return pipe. I reached out and they initially responded with instructions and i've followed their instructions and they have been MIA since. Like i understand busy but the rep said they can get one out to me. I would even pay but its like i don't exist and bought their aquarium. I've reached out to their distributors but no help because they don't stock those parts. I tried Facebook group, YOUTUBE and calling them. NOTHING!!!! Customer service means everything and if theres no service for supporting a company thats always on YOUTUBE promoting well then they need not be supported. Maybe others have good experiences well great. But for something as simple as what i need, this is unacceptable. I have an ELOS 160 and gets support with no issues. Emails and calls. I know every company is different but c'mon now. Ecotech no problem, Neptune no problem. Waterbox very questionable right now. This is my last attempt to get help. Or i will just go on YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK or whatever and smash the tank. Its extreme but guess what, if i can't setup the tank then why have this box sitting here?! They're coming to my hometown in a few weeks for RAP 2019 and will gladly give them a piece of my mind.

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Waterbox again Monday regarding my order which hasn't yet been delivered. I wasn't very happy with the answer I got, but again they responded to me within 24 hours.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that are getn replies. Please share the email contacts you are communicating with for others.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your experience. Ours has been nothing but perfect. Usually answer calls or call back and answer all emails promptly. As a matter of fact @waterboxaquariums is replacing our brand new sump that is chipped no questions asked. Hopefully your experience changes soon.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back