Cyano and other stuff growing.

Fisherman Joe

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
749
Reaction score
235
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

My tank has taken a turn lately and I’m finding more and more cyano growing and hair algae and other stuff.

How would you handle these spots?

I’ve been blowing them off and putting a filter sock on.

My PO4 is 0.13. I don’t know what my NO3 is.

IMG_4260.jpeg IMG_4261.jpeg IMG_4262.jpeg IMG_4263.jpeg IMG_4264.jpeg
 
You need to know your NO3 as well. But have you ever used coral snow? Somewhere on here there is a DIY recipe for it, it is great for water clarity, but when used along with Microbacter 7, it is a treatment for Cyanobacteria. Look that up and give it a go. Do you have enough power heads in the tank for flow?
 
I do have both of those things. I’ll try dosing them.

I have 6 power heads. 4 MP40 and 2 MP10’s too. It’s not a flow issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new