Cycling/algae

Ozy2216

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently a week into cycling my tank with live rock from a friends tank thats been established for years now, and a clown fish. And I noticed that my parameters are still down, ammonia etc.. but now i have all this algae growing. Is that normal?

01D28400-70EA-4DB5-9C99-6B07A4C0F2CE.jpeg
 
I’m currently a week into cycling my tank with live rock from a friends tank thats been established for years now, and a clown fish. And I noticed that my parameters are still down, ammonia etc.. but now i have all this algae growing. Is that normal?

01D28400-70EA-4DB5-9C99-6B07A4C0F2CE.jpeg
Tank is a 55 Gallon, with a fluval marine 3.0 light, and a fluval 409 50-100 gallon canister filter
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new