cycling confusion

86 is pushing the ability to kill micro life on the rock, as well. I have never owned a reef tank that got that warm. it may not wipe them all, but its approaching for sure, that's darn hot. slowly bring it all back to 78-80
I did bring the temp back to 78 slowly, and will try to post pics
 
So if I do another water change, you guys are saying not to use the Pime again? and should I use a different test kit as well? Like Red sea, or Seachem.
 
I would have changed all, forcing it to zero. prime causes false readings in api kits. simple full water change, ready to go. post pics of tank am curious to see this skip cycler

my 11 yr tank has had over a thousand full changes, way over.

reef tank 2.jpeg


reef tank.jpeg
 
No testing needed the thread covers, just change out a good 90% for safe measure it's ready that's group b with more than one verifier in place
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new