Cycling Problems

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im looking for the best course of action to take at the point im at with my cycle. basically i started my cycle using stability by seachem and the ammonia chloride from Dr.Tims aswell as im running the marine pure bio media. the first 8 days went well large ammonia spike and when it started to go down i started to see nitrite and nitrate. when the ammonia hit 0 i dosed i belive 4 cap fulls of Dr.Tims because i wanted that bacteria blend in my tank. about 2 days after that i noticed a bacteria bloom starting to happen then then next morning the bacteria bloom was in full effect(baceria bloom started 3 days ago) today the bacteria bloom was gone but when i got my water tested at my LFS(for the most accurate reading) my nitrites and nitrates were through the roof. nitrite 4.0 nitrate 64.0. i did a 35-40% water change without disrupting the sand or rock and dosed a capful of bacteria. what should i be looking for now. ive aslo seen a few threads where people have these high nitrites and nitrates and there are mixed responses of people saying start adding livestock dont start. im a little confused

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back