Cycling the 15g

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.
so I’m almost ready to start the 15g build. I’m most likely going with life rock by Carib sea and the Fiji pink live sand. Would I be able to use Dr Tims one and only with the ammonia chloride to fishless cycle the tank or should I just depend on the bacteria from the live sand and life rock ? Interested in your thoughts thanks !!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.
so I’m almost ready to start the 15g build. I’m most likely going with life rock by Carib sea and the Fiji pink live sand. Would I be able to use Dr Tims one and only with the ammonia chloride to fishless cycle the tank or should I just depend on the bacteria from the live sand and life rock ? Interested in your thoughts thanks !!
I used dr Tim’s one and only for my new tank I’m cycling

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used dr Tim’s one and only for my new tank I’m cycling
are you using the ammonia bottle with it for fishless cycling ?? what kind of rock and sand do you have? I am just trying to figure out if the bacteria from the carib sea live sand and life rock would interfere with it

ReeferBoi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank similar to yours with Carib Sea life rock and Arag Alive live sand. I used Dr. Tims with ammonia for a fishless cycle and I recommend you do as well. The rock and sand just makes the process go faster. It might take a while without using Dr. Tims.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using the ammonia bottle with it for fishless cycling ?? what kind of rock and sand do you have? I am just trying to figure out if the bacteria from the carib sea live sand and life rock would interfere with it
I did use ammonia, I only have live rock cause I was going to try a sandless tank since my other reef tank has sand. I put in the dr Tim’s one and only after a week then a month later I added fish. Right now it’s been about a month and a half and my ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, nitrates are less than 5

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back