Cycling the tank correctly

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The breaking down part will take around 2-3 days am I correct? And is it possible to add TOO many ammonia (if i were to add excessive amounts of shrimp and food) that it will fail the cycle entirely?
"stalls" imo are not a huge worry but can happen. This is another reason I stick to ammonia chloride (harder to overdo it). It won't likely fail with too much ammonia but can slow it down a bit. Also large amounts of ammonia will convert to large amounts of nitrates = tons of food for algae. Just start with a pinch.

If in a weeks time you are stuck with high nitrite and zero ammonia you can do a large water change and consider yourself cycled.

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"stalls" imo are not a huge worry but can happen. This is another reason I stick to ammonia chloride (harder to overdo it). It won't likely fail with too much ammonia but can slow it down a bit. Also large amounts of ammonia will convert to large amounts of nitrates = tons of food for algae. Just start with a pinch.

If in a weeks time you are stuck with high nitrite and zero ammonia you can do a large water change and consider yourself cycled.
Alrightey then. Thank you so much for the help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back