Cynarina red - damaged on shipping

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, today i receive this Cynarina red coral together with other four. The seller was professional and he add too less water in the bag. Yes, i don't joke, i live in Norway and things like that is normal here...
This is how looks the coral when i remove from bag

IMG_4324.JPG
in my opinion half of right side was damaged. I dip them, wash, and add to the tank
next photo after four hours in tank:

IMG_4327.JPG

after another four hours start to open but still damaged:

IMG_4329.JPG

Now after 12 hours in the tank:

IMG_4334.JPG

There is any chance for this coral to live and look normal?? I like alot the coral but i don't like to see the skeleton. I mention that i payed over 100 $ only for overnight shipping to get this corals alive.
I'm really sad and angry for all of this...
Thanks

Xanka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the coral was damaged by shipping you should see a white skelet, in your case there is already algae on it so I think the coral was already damaged before shipping......

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the coral was damaged by shipping you should see a white skelet, in your case there is already algae on it so I think the coral was already damaged before shipping......
Hello, thanks i don't know...from what i see in the tank the black half open
this is the picture i get when i bought the coral

IMG_3873.PNG

They will say that the coral recover i know that. i want your opinion if this coral can get back or its impossible to recover.

Xanka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it will recover, the tissue will retract further and grow with algae and the coral will die....

You can try to cut the dead tissue with a saw but that is also no guarantee that it will survive.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it started to die a while ago then started healing again before was sold. I have one that looks just like that. It's really healthy now except for the exposed old skeleton. The skeleton on yours looks old and brown like it happened over a month ago. Start to worry if you see new white skeleton. See if it hungry after the lights go out and try and feed it. I bet it will be fine

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back