Cyphastrea v., Montipora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
596
Reaction score
447
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

This is both a SPS/LPS question: When it comes to hitchhiking pests which encrusting coral species tends to be a the bigger pest magnet? Encrusting montipora or cyphastrea? Doing some cursory research it seems with montipora that nudibraches seem to be a real problem with respect to impervious eggs, etc., post dipping.

Thoughts/experiences?

Cheers,
G
 
I had Monti Eating Nudis. They weren't fun. Cyphastrea don't really seem to have the Cyphastrea specific predators.

As far as ease of care, I've actually had higher success with Cyphastrea than with Montis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new