D/C Return Pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bigred321
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bigred321

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
118
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone please explain to me what the purpose of a d/c return pump is? I know you can reduce the flow.. But cant you do that with a gate valve using a a/c pump?

Currently i am running a sicce 5 on a 150 gal with two returns and a 50 gal sump..

Advice? Should i buy a d/c pump and use the sicce for a backup. I know i need at least 1500gph
 
Power savings is what a dc pump is going to help with, instead of turning it down with a gate valve you turn down how many watts it’s using. Does that make sense?
Also much quieter
The quieter side sounds good. Thanks for the advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new