i-8PRxZ87.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Dennis.
What is the growth rate of the sea fan in the middle of the picture? It is a photosynthetic one right?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful..
Thanks! :)
Looking great Dennis.
What is the growth rate of the sea fan in the middle of the picture? It is a photosynthetic one right?
Thank you. There are two gorgonians in the center... a big fatty on the left and the thin wispy one on the right.
Both are brown photosynthetic kind and both are slow growing but the thin has grown since I got it. Sometimes if my water chemistry gets a little out of whack some of it will die off but then it grows back that tissue fairly quickly.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. There are two gorgonians in the center... a big fatty on the left and the thin wispy one on the right.
Both are brown photosynthetic kind and both are slow growing but the thin has grown since I got it. Sometimes if my water chemistry gets a little out of whack some of it will die off but then it grows back that tissue fairly quickly.
I believe I have the same thick gorgonian and also mine seems to be a slow grower.
I do not feed them in particular neither. Maybe it would help?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have the same thick gorgonian and also mine seems to be a slow grower.
I do not feed them in particular neither. Maybe it would help?
I dunno, i don't feed them either. I just want them to survive and look healthy... not worried if they grow or not. :)

maevepotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them. IMO they make the lights look more finished and they do diffuse it better. No disco.

Sorry, I don't have much. I seem to either take an FTS or extreme closeups most of the time. lol
Some sps grow fast, some very slow. And there's more to that than just lighting so hard to quantify unless you ran two identical tanks next to each other.
If I was betting money I'd bet that you wouldn't get as much growth as you'd get with MH/T5 but that's just a guess. Growth speed isn't really something that matters to me all that much since I'm not in the coral biz. I just want everything to be colorful and healthy. :)

Here's a couple examples though...

ORA Frogskin less than 4 months apart.

i-fwPq9sz.jpg

i-bfGrMBm.jpg

6 months growth on the Paletta Pink Tip

i-f8fZPwj.jpg

i-ZDNFDLp.jpg

And 7.5 months on this one.

i-nKkF8cT.jpg

i-TxXs9QW-XL.jpg
I'm very new and learning, your tank is amazing as are your photography skills! How do you get the coral off the plugs and attached to the rock? Or did these grow naturally from "the package"? Thanks for any tips you can share.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new and learning, your tank is amazing as are your photography skills! How do you get the coral off the plugs and attached to the rock? Or did these grow naturally from "the package"? Thanks for any tips you can share.
Hi, thank you. :)

I will try not to use the plugs if possible because even if you dip the frags, you can have eggs on the plug. So if I can I will pop off the frag and glue/epoxy it directly to the rock.
If it has overgrown the frag plug I will just cut off the stem of the plug and glue the now flat disc to my rock.
The gorgonians came with "The Package" from TBS and they are glued/epoxied to the rock. Nothing has actually grown out of the rock. It was all placed there.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those sps corals have really taken off huh?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those sps corals have really taken off huh?
Ya, I'd say they are on par for my tanks.... some grow decently... others grow sloooowwwww. haha :)
The Twilight Dragon on the right is one of the fastest growing for sure. And then a couple of stags on the left including the WWC Yellow Tip are doing well.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a loooooong time coming.
Rainy day today so finally got off my butt and did something about it. :D

Uploaded in 1080p

Wow... just wow.... I'm not sure I even blinked while watching it. Absolutely amazing!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered submitting this video to the AHA? I think watching this video could stop a heart attack in progress if viewed early enough!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the best part of my weekend. Dennis as the music swelled I found myself smiling. Amazingly enjoyable. Thank you.
Thanks, Victoria ;Joyful

The bounces on the mushroom are crazy big!!
haha, yeah but overall it's not as spread out/large as it is at other times.

Wow... just wow.... I'm not sure I even blinked while watching it. Absolutely amazing!
lol, thanks. :)

Simply amazing reef. Great work, man. Beautiful!!
Thank you :)

Have you considered submitting this video to the AHA? I think watching this video could stop a heart attack in progress if viewed early enough!
:D:D:D

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful work, very inspiring!
Thank you. :)

BTW, for those wondering... I used my little Fuji X-E3 camera with the 18-55mm kit lens and the 80mm macro. ;Snaphappy

Back