Da Cube Volume 1

Peter Dietz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
169
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon fellow reefers. I'm starting my new thread with y'all on my biocube 29 that I picked up from a fellow club member for a whooping $100. It's going to be an LPS, Zoa, Shroom Tank and for my livestock I plan on having a Sub Zero clown, Orange spotted goby, pistol shrimp, and a few more fish to be undecided. Here are the pictures.
1494174171780976437661.jpg
1494174248827507863855.jpg
1494174288284488920857.jpg
 
Quick update. I think I have enough Ammonia, please let me know if I am wrong.
20170510_225240.jpg
 
20170513_122944.jpg
I can't tell if it's the lighting or if it is the beginning of diatoms. Anyone able to lend an eye? I put in old sand, 2 small pieces of established LR and I've feed the tank. It's been about 1 week.
 
No new updates. Still stuck on my stocking list I k ow for sure going to have clowns and a goby shrimp pair but I need something else more active
 
Maybe look at a blenny of some type. Maybe a midas blenny? A basslet could also be a good option. Maybe a royal gramma?
 
Now that my tank is cycled what should my next step be? Getting fish or getting Corals
 
Going slowly?

I'd consider adding a few more corals, and keeping an eye on your parameters and nutrients. (Then again, I seem to have a habit of always wanting more fish, LOL)

That is some fairly sharp aquascape, BTW!

~Bruce
 
Going slowly?

I'd consider adding a few more corals, and keeping an eye on your parameters and nutrients. (Then again, I seem to have a habit of always wanting more fish, LOL)


That is some fairly sharp aquascape, BTW!

~Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

Yea I want to add more corals. Want to get more Zoas, a hammer or frogspawn, some mushrooms, and acans
 
Quick update. Starting to get hair algae and some cyano as well as the last of the diatoms. Plan on getting some Chemipure, a few trochus snails, and a emerald crab.
 
Havent done an update in quite some time so here is one.

Corals:

2 kenya trees
3 heads of Green Hairy Mushroom
13 head of Dragon Eye Zoa
2 heads of Utter Chaos
2 heads of Green Hammer
A fair amount of Green Star Polyps
Red Bubbletip Anemone

Livestock:

2 Snowflake Clownfish
1 Yellow Spotted Goby
Assortment of Snails

Bi monthly 5 gallon water changes. No skimmer, no filtration, no nothing.

20170924_094754.jpg
20170924_094838.jpg
20170924_094831.jpg
20170924_094816.jpg
20170924_094803.jpg
20170924_094754.jpg


15062616347091814114561.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new