Daltrey's Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Build

james stanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And wallah! Complete with working ball valves and a real gate valve that will do a much better job of making precise adjustments to the flow.

20180114_222250.jpg

20180114_210232.jpg

Plumbing looks great! I’m planning a similar build with a 750 XXL. What size of return line did you put in? I f wanted to get to a 1.25” return line, I suspect the tank would have to be re-drilled—is that correct?

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check it out ...

With your union connected how do you spin the pipe threaded connection? Even with an elbow on the end of your red pipe (not including union) can’t let it unthread with the back of the cabinet in the way? Am I missing something? Maybe unscrew it from the overflow? You would be unscrewing 2 threads, Red Sea and your 3/4” thread at the same time as well? Different size threads something would break. Idk if I would trust that. Just trying to see it in my head. More of an explanation?

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your union connected how do you spin the pipe threaded connection? Even with an elbow on the end of your red pipe (not including union) can’t let it unthread with the back of the cabinet in the way? Am I missing something? Maybe unscrew it from the overflow? You would be unscrewing 2 threads, Red Sea and your 3/4” thread at the same time as well? Different size threads something would break. Idk if I would trust that. Just trying to see it in my head. More of an explanation?
All you do is disconnect the Union . Then you unscrew the 3/4 inch piece from the Red Sea overflow pipe , that’s it then the Red Sea plumbing is free to come out of the bulkhead as intended. The elbows do not interfere with the back of the stand .

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your Vortech schedule. I was trying to get some ideas of what to do with my 2 MP40s on my Reefer 750.

Lynnds6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love an update on your build and if there's anything you would do differently? I'm new to the hobby and ready to upgrade to the Reefer 750 XXL!

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer 450 now with two mp40's on the sides and two of the new gyres in the back. All SPS. I'm wondering if that will be enough or if I'll need to upgrade when I move to the 750 xxl.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back