Damselfish terror?

Anthrilliel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... my LFS told me this is a damsel fish and that it is going to do ok in a peaceful tank. Are they wrong? I think it's terrorizing everyone. My royal gramma has a bit tail now and even though i haven't seen him do it. I suspect it.
I have 2 clowns and a diamond goby.
Should I try to return him to the store?
20201127_195858.jpg
20201127_202706.jpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Damsels tend to be more on the aggressive side with some saying they are the devil's cousin. Every fish can be different and you may get luck but I think you could have a terror

OP
OP
Anthrilliel

Anthrilliel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Damsels tend to be more on the aggressive side with some saying they are the devil's cousin. Every fish can be different and you may get luck but I think you could have a terror
They are in a 29 gallon. Return him to the store?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the fiji blue devil chrysiptera taupou. they're known to behave pretty aggressively and be an outlier for chrysiptera genus

i'd return it if u can and get a different chrsyiptera damsel that is better behaved. also add it last after other fish are established

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Always plan your fish out beforehand , spur of the moment fish buys dont usually work out . If you want a damsel try a springers or a talbots

OP
OP
Anthrilliel

Anthrilliel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan was to have a goby, 2 clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 damsel and a firefish. The lfs said that would work fine....

I wanted an active fish and they suggested him :/

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the fiji blue devil chrysiptera taupou. they're known to behave pretty aggressively and be an outlier for chrysiptera genus

i'd return it if u can and get a different chrsyiptera damsel that is better behaved. also add it last after other fish are established

Agree on all counts. That is the only chrysiptera species I will not keep. Probably the ‘devil’ name ought to give it away lol.

Amyjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a blue devil giving my peaceful royal gamma pure hell. The gamma is new but 24 hours later and devil ska damsel had him pinned up in hole in the rocks. Only one way in and out. Yet it seems the tang and angel fish are trying to help out gamma. It's unreal how mean the devil fish is. Aka the damsel. I'll always research and listen to what the employees say. .but this dudes going back

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back