Dangers of high pH?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully agree. I will just stop my CO2 scrubber or I will just stop using kalk or stop using phplus. But I haven't heard of any danger regarding a sky high pH so I would like to know if there are even any bad things

What is that Precipitate in My Reef Aquarium? by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Figure 9. A reef aquarium experiencing a limewater overdose, with calcium carbonate particles filling the water column. This is the aquarium of Reef Central members Ereefic and Klasikb.

1694691367490.png

OP
OP
M

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that Precipitate in My Reef Aquarium? by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Figure 9. A reef aquarium experiencing a limewater overdose, with calcium carbonate particles filling the water column. This is the aquarium of Reef Central members Ereefic and Klasikb.

1694691367490.png
Thank you for all the replies. If it goes above 8.7 I will turn off the CO2 scrubber and things will get back to normal. Atm I'm not seeing any white stuff anywhere. But that could just happen in a day so I understand

OP
OP
M

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update as of right now. pH varies between 8.6 and 8.78 sometimes it even reads 8.8 and maybe higher because I believe that the kh keeper can't test above 8.80 because one time I had to dose alot of ph plus and kh keeper said that it was 8.80 3 times a day. I hope kh is still stable now lol. My montiporas are growing fast now. Evrything else is not really growing for me :(. Patience is key ofcourse but I am going to do an ICP because last time my metals came high which could decrease my growth. No negative effect seen on the high pH, my nutrients and kh does drop more per day so sadly I have a little struggle with dinos because of the low nutrients.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back