Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56d592225d773d557064f0b08df8add9.jpg
currently my favorite fish

3a88a0efcd9978b20ff293d15ce72428.jpg
currently my favorite torch I have(I have 4 all together)

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my tank has ICH [emoji35][emoji19]‍♂️ my Kole tang has white specks on him but nothing else in the tank does.. he seems to be okay.. guess I’ll monitor everyone over the next day or so and see...

if so what should I be buying in preparation to get this quarantine cycle complete?

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update... my tank seems to have caught Velvet. I QTed all fish but have already lost my tang. Hoping the other guys pull thru. Now going fallow in my DT for 76 lonnggg days [emoji20]

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, first time with velvet for me. Nasty stuff... my tang was all sorts of discolored after I pulled him out and that was only 6hrs after I left my house when he was swimming around. This stuff is no joke.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s only been about a week into QT and velvet has already claimed my tang, square Anthia and queen Anthia.. down to my Clownfish and firefish. So far so good with them though. DT looks good, all Corals doing well. Pretty soon I’m gonna start testing the tank everyday(Calc, Alk, Mag) to see how much I’ll have to dose in the future.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s been awhile since I’ve updated this thread. I lost most of my fish to Ich, only 2 to survive were the clownfish and my fire fish. They’re back in the DT now after going thru the QT process and letting the DT run fallow for 76 days. Seems like that took forever lol

I actually went out today and bought a Copperband Butterfly and a Radiant Wrasse which I got for a steal [emoji16]. They’re in QT now so I’ll observe them to make sure they’re okay.

I had an issue with my torch colonies until one day I saw something flat and white floating around. Realized it was a flatworm and then did some research only to find out these guys eat euphyllia corals. I took all 4 colonies and dipped them and pulled off 3 or 4 flatworms. They’re not expanding nearly as big as before but it seems they’re getting better. Only 1 colony looks like it may die.

I’m having some issues with my Zoas and i have no idea why.. they’re shriveled up most of the time but some times they only open partially. Can’t figure out why [emoji848]

Other than that, everything seems to be doing well! Can’t wait to add the butterfly and wrasse into the DT!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back