Dascil breeding. Has anyone had any results?

Andrey Grodno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple spawning D . So far I haven't been able to take any eggs from them. Because they lay eggs on the aquarium glass. I've tried tricking them and putting more glass. Empty cognac bottles. But for some reason, the daschils do not like these glasses.Very strange, I like them. Of course, as long as they are full. Could this be the problem? But I wonder, has anyone been able to breed dascil?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but you’re asking if anyone has bred a Dascyllus sp. like the Domino Damselfish, Dascyllus albisella, yes?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Apparently my online translator is not as good as I thought.
Actually, I’d say it’s working very well since the only thing it missed was the genus name (and even most English word processors will flag these taxonomic names as incorrect).

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 99% sure Dascyllus species have been bred and raised. Copnsidering their hardyness, general bad attitude and the wild specimens are so cheap it's likely not profitable. Typical methods used for clowns and other damsels should work well.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 99% sure Dascyllus species have been bred and raised. Copnsidering their hardyness, general bad attitude and the wild specimens are so cheap it's likely not profitable. Typical methods used for clowns and other damsels should work well.
Yeah, depending on the species, rotifers leading into Artemia nauplii as food should work fine. If you’re working with one of the more difficult species, then you may need Parvocalanus crassirostris pods instead of the rotifers (see the third link below):

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back