Dave's seahorse tank build

THE MAD REEFER

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2013
Messages
643
Reaction score
1
Location
dayton ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since we have moved and I finally have my 185 set back up and running it's time for another build. This time we are going to do seahorses. Fascinating little things, I am stuck between redi and erectus, I will not be doing dwarf, to many issues.

I picked up a pre drilled 55 last night, I have lots of extra equipment from previous builds so I think I am good there.
uploadfromtaptalk1429801906715.jpg


I scored this beauty at a local Lps for a check of a deal

uploadfromtaptalk1429801980856.jpg


I had been working on a tank stand for the last few nights but had to take it all back down and make it longer due to going from a 40 breeder to a 55

uploadfromtaptalk1429802087406.jpg


So just a little heads up on what's going to be an adventure. Please feel free to chime in with thoughts and ideas as were going
 
Following!
 
Yay!! I love seahorse tank builds!! What equipment are you planning on running? Do you plan on running a chiller? :)
 
No chiller.........ro150 skimmer I scored yesterday, mag pump, don't know what size, still in the working though
 
Got a little further tonight on the stand, cut 1 door out, hoping to stain saturday

uploadfromtaptalk1429843795052.jpg



Three doors to go.........
 
What temp do you plan on running the tank at? Seahorses do better in cooler tanks.
 
72 is where it will be, if it gets to hot I have a cooling unit from a vending machine I'm gonna hook up, but I think I will be ok. I have all summer to play with the tank and figure out temps as I don't expect to have horses until August probably
 
Went to lowes tonight to get trim for the stand, no problem............

Something kept getting in my cart and I kept chasing it away, I finally gave in and bought the thing.

uploadfromtaptalk1429926184189.jpg


How did I ever survive without one......lol
 
uploadfromtaptalk1430608923337.jpg



Well here is the final product, started the cycle process today, so July or August I can get horses

But for now time to check out different colors of macro algae for the display so the horses have something to play in.
 
Awesome!! Looking good so far!! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new